Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Ford Prefect
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Ford Prefect is male 

29-01-2011, 02:42 AM

Re: Do you still have your plastic records ?

I've kept all my old vinyl (mostly 70's rock) and have refurbished my turntable, tuner and amp (also from the 70's). Still listen to LP's often and my eldest son (26) was bitten by the vinyl bug a while ago and wants my turntable badly.

Are there any audiophiles here?
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-01-2011, 03:16 AM

I still have a lot of vinyl from the 50s, 60s, but no longer have a turntable; have thought of possible putting them on eBay ....
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2011, 09:45 AM

We have still got quite a few vinyl records, dont want to get rid of them you never no?
Neil K
Mansfield,UK
Neil K is male 

22-04-2011, 08:46 PM

I had loads of vinyl albums and singles but made the mistake of keeping them in a damp shed, warped and ruined 'em!!! replaced most of them with cd's but still waiting for some re-issues.
Westie
London, UK
Westie is male 

05-07-2011, 10:55 AM

I've still got my old LP's in a big box.

My daughter was amazed when she saw them .... things the size of dinner plates that played music!

Mind you, much the same way as I'm amazed by iPods now! How come they don't get heavier when you download more songs onto them! lol
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2011, 12:59 PM

I kept my record collection, over 200 single, EP's and LP's, until I thought someone else could use them more than I do so we gave them to a animal charity to help with the upkeep of their Animals.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2011, 03:31 PM

I have a number of vinyl albums which I would love to hear again, some of them quite rare and are currently in a suitcase in the attic. I got rid of my old stereo many, many years ago when it finally died and never seemed to get round to buying another. Our current music center - like all the ones these days - does not have a turntable.

I have to say, I only tend to listen to music when I'm in my car as I have a conflict of interest with the wife when it comes to tastes. She bought me a Ipod a few years ago and I have often thought about digging out all these albums and copying them across. The problem is, a decent USB turntable is about £200-ish mark for one of good quality and once used, I would never use it again. I am trying to find someone who will lend me theirs for a weekend, as its not worth actually buying one for a one-time use.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2011, 10:08 PM

Up to about 6 years ago I had all my old 45's, LP's, and some EP's stored in a cardboard box at the bottom of my wardrobe, one night (she was out) I got a bit sentimental and fancied listening to some Brenda Lee, I went upstairs and to my horror they were gone!. When the missus came home I asked her where she put my records. 'Them old dust collectors?, I gave them to the binmen today'. I was left with my mouth open and nothing to say. And thats what happened to my collection Folks.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2011, 10:36 PM

Oh dear Jim, never mind at least your missus came out with the truth, don't think I would have. My brothers old LPs were in a cardboard box in his loft and he was mortified to find they'd melted and bowed with the heat.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2011, 04:57 PM

What a shame, Jemflux, all those memories gone .....

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top