Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Daisygee
Oxfordshire, UK
Daisygee is female  Daisygee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2011, 09:52 AM

Re: Do you still have your plastic records ?

We had a little party yesterday for a colleague who is retiring. It was a vintage tea party, where someone comes and sets things up in your garden, and makes your tea, so all you have to do is sit back and enjoy it. One of us had an old, portable wind up gramophone which played 78s. It was superb sitting in the garden, drinking tea from china cups and listening to some really lovely music on the gramophone....
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2011, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Daisygee ->
We had a little party yesterday for a colleague who is retiring. It was a vintage tea party, where someone comes and sets things up in your garden, and makes your tea, so all you have to do is sit back and enjoy it. One of us had an old, portable wind up gramophone which played 78s. It was superb sitting in the garden, drinking tea from china cups and listening to some really lovely music on the gramophone....

Something like this Daisy darlin' ??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI1nPd7hezM
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2011, 08:45 PM

I still have many vinyl records including my brothers 1950s pop records though I don't have anything to play them on.

For me vinyl produced a much rounder fuller sound, I find the modern CDs produce a flat sound. Vinyl also seemed to send out more of a detectable vibration.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2011, 09:54 PM

Yep, I've still got all my LPs - about 500 of them. Don't know how many singles I've got, but there are lots of them as well. I've even still got some 78s.

Oh, and I've got a record player that plays all three RPMs.

I'd never get rid of any of my records as they hold too many memories for me to throw them away.
Daisygee
Oxfordshire, UK
Daisygee is female  Daisygee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2011, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Something like this Daisy darlin' ??? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI1nPd7hezM
He he he - that's a classic. They don't make them like that any more.
Westie
London, UK
Westie is male 

14-07-2011, 05:56 PM

We like to play the old records now and again.

The wife loves it when I get the old 7 inches out.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2011, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Westie ->
We like to play the old records now and again.

The wife loves it when I get the old 7 inches out.
Now I could be rude matey and say you're bragging again - but I won't
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2011, 06:00 PM

Still have lot's of Mum's L.P's.When she died I was going to send them to the charity shop but when the time came I couldn't bear to part with them.........................They gave her so much pleasure in the last months of her life that I feel the need to keep them a while longer.........One day I'll get round to playing them.
Glen1962
Canada
Glen1962 is male  Glen1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 10:28 AM

I'm a vinyl junkie! I probably have over 1000 by now.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2013, 10:36 AM

I'm another that hangs on to a fair few vinyls - no idea why but I can't bear to part with them!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top