Join for free
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 09:04 AM

Re: Zaras money for old rope

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
True, but the Windsors are isolated from being in the rat race where over time winners become losers and back again and so it goes on.

It does not need for a disgusting immoral shower to remain isolated from real life generation after generation while costing the tax payers billions (which they DO) and deliver NOTHING in return.

The tourist attraction argument is pure BS.
Ok, then...let’s just hoist up the guillotine. Make it a National holiday. We’ll just make sure we get a ringside seat, start knitting and watch their heads roll into a basket.
Job sorted!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 09:06 AM

My point is it seems so wrong for this extremely rich young woman .
(Pleasant as she is and a cracking rider )
To be paid such vast sums -remember she is personally very wealthy ( her own personal fortune is about £20 million) for basically doing very little .
Zara has umpteen very lucrative sponsorships already .
While all around us young people struggle just to get work and can’t afford to have a place to live .
It’s morally offensive.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 09:15 AM

I don't suppose it's their own fault if they are born into royalty. There is a lot of bad feeling about people born with a silver spoon in their mouth. While I wouldn't mind being a quid or two behind them I would hate to live in the public eye, god no thanks.

No matter if a royal works it will never be enough for some people especially the ones who hate the royals.

Personally I couldn't give a flying buck what she does , I know nothing about her except she's the queen's granddaughter.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 09:16 AM

I'm no great fan of our royal family, but I like them and trust them a lot more than I do the DM.

That story is garble, each sentence goes off in a different direction. If they've got something to say why don't they come right out and say it!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 09:19 AM

On what basis do you trust them ?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

10-08-2019, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I don't suppose it's their own fault if they are born into royalty. There is a lot of bad feeling about people born with a silver spoon in their mouth. While I wouldn't mind being a quid or two behind them I would hate to live in the public eye, god no thanks.

No matter if a royal works it will never be enough for some people especially the ones who hate the royals.

Personally I couldn't give a flying buck what she does , I know nothing about her except she's the queen's granddaughter.
I don’t hate the royals LQ I am just against privilege and wealth based on a lottery of birth .
I believe in a meritocracy .
This is not work as one would imagine it’s merely putting ones face and name to a product .
And yes lots of well known people do this but most have become well known by their own efforts .
Not because they are related to a royal.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
On what basis do you trust them ?
I distrust the DM more.

I distrust politicians more.

The family are squeaky clean by comparison.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK

10-08-2019, 09:28 AM

No they are not squeaky clean .
Just look at Prince Andrew !
Their finances are kept secret we don’t know what they are up too because they are protected .
Of course you distrust politicians who doesn’t but politicians are voted IN and OUT by the people .
They are not awarded their positions along with their birth certificate .
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2019, 09:30 AM

No one has mentioned that Sarah Ferguson is also on the payroll and she gets £300,000.

What is she being paid for? To advise on the art of toe sucking?
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK

10-08-2019, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
No they are not squeaky clean .
Just look at Prince Andrew !
Their finances are kept secret we don’t know what they are up too because they are protected .
Of course you distrust politicians who doesn’t but politicians are voted IN and OUT by the people .
They are not awarded their positions along with their birth certificate .
Compared to me and my family they are out & out rogues.

Just trying to put things in perspective.

Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top