Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 06:16 AM

Good Morning Tuesday !

Good morning everyone.

Am all shades of black and purple this morning due to a fall yestermorn. Had taken the gates off - partly because they needed stripping and painting ready for Winter and partly to accommodate the skip which is arriving at the week-end.

Anyway - had been out shopping - came back in a rush because it had begun to rain - caught my foot in the little central metal thingy that the gates latch into - when they are there - and ended flat on my face on the drive! My right foot and knee are now swollen, bruised and very painful - and - the worse thing is, I cannot even blame the cat - 'twas all my own fault!

However - it is amazing what a different view one has when laid on the ground - I noticed that one of my idle tomato plants had actually managed to produce a tomato. Can't be seen when standing up as the mass of leaves hides it!

Not going to do much at all today!

Have a good one.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 06:40 AM

Re: Good Morning Tuesday !

Poor you Tabby

Look I know the surgeon who dealt with Thing was very good, but I am not sure you will get to see him for all your other injuries.... so try to avoid these accidents!
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 07:21 AM

Morning all.

Tabs what are you like! always having these accidents, I bet you look like Frank Bruno, be careful next time.

Hi Twink!

Have a nice day all.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 07:37 AM

Hi

Good Morning All.

ST, I feel your pain.

Piotyr put up a load of shelving over the weekend, so pottering about today filling it up.

Airing Cupboard, two kitchen stores and the old outside Coal House.

I am very weak at the moment, but keeping moving is essential.

It will take a day to do what I could have done in a couple of hours.

Onwards and upwards, life will get better.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 07:42 AM

Good morning from ‘out in the rural sticks’ to you all!

A definite chill in the air this morning. The forecast is for sunshine and showers, some heavy and thundery. Maximum temperature 22ºC.

Shopping today plus other mundane chores. Yesterday I did manage a couple of hours in the garden and started to tame the weeds, the Triffids as I call them. Also laid one large paving slab so now have laid all four as required!

Silver Tabby – hope the bruises and subsequent aches are not too painful for too long!

Swimfeeders – don't overdo things, it will take time to recover from what you've been through.

Enjoy your day everybody, whatever you may be doing.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 08:42 AM

Morning folks, sorry to hear of your mishaps and maladies Tabbles and Swimmy, I hope your recoveries are swift...

A bright start here but cool, too soon for autumn but it does seem to have that feel about it.

Nothing much planned, just a vegetable lasagne to make with peppers courgettes and aubergines from the garden, and then I may put my feet up with a book for a couple of hours.

Have a good day everyone
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 08:59 AM

Good morning all, have a good day, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. Tabby and Swimmy take it easy you too! Rest up! God bless.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 09:13 AM

Good morning all lovely and sunny here but it’s a chilly 13C.

No particular plans for the day, just pottering about here and there.

Tabs, sorry to hear about your accident, that must have shaken you up a bit . Hope your leg will be better soon.

Swimmy, I hope you pain eases too, take things easy until you are stronger.

Enjoy your day everyone
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 09:15 AM

Good morning everyone a lovely morning and my leeks just arrived so I will be spending the morning planting them.

ST sorry to hear about your fall, having a fall when you get older really shakes you up doesn't it and makes you feel quite sick. I always head for a soak in a hot bath after a fall, my medication means I bruise very badly and a bath really helps.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2019, 11:30 AM

Good Morning Fellow Forum Jockeys.....
I can see we all made it out of bed with just Tabby and Swimfeeders in the wars.
I know what it's like 'going all your length' Tabby, I did similar falls when I was delivering the post, it knocks the wind out of your lungs, and you never quite realise how badly you've hurt yourself until you stand up (or try to) and do an assessment of the damage.......Something for the pain Tabby....

Went a bit further than usual on my Tuesday Run this morning so I've had to take that into account when deciding on my workload today, and decided there will be a lot of sitting.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top