Join for free
Reply
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
precious
Senior Member
precious is offline
Brisbane Australia
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 124
precious is male 
 
15-08-2019, 01:00 AM
11

Re: What motivates you these days?

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
My son motivates me. He's only 23 but he is an "old soul". Wise beyond his years. He has the kind of intellect that makes you feel hungry to learn more rather than making you feel inadequate. I cannot describe the intensity of the love I have for him. He motivates and inspires me. He is my hero.
thats a nice post keith. believe it or not im christian. you are loving Him like God loves all of us.
Reply With Quote
Indy
New Member!
Indy is offline
US
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 15
Indy is male 
 
15-08-2019, 02:06 AM
12

Re: What motivates you these days?

I challenge myself every day to do something new and different.
Reply With Quote
keezoy
Senior Member
keezoy is offline
Sydney, Australia
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 492
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-08-2019, 03:13 AM
13

Re: What motivates you these days?

Originally Posted by precious ->
thats a nice post keith. believe it or not im christian. you are loving Him like God loves all of us.
Thank you. I'm glad you have your faith. I don't believe in any transcendent deity myself. I guess I am an agnostic. But Jesus Christ - the man - He is THE man for mine. They don't come any better IMO
Reply With Quote
precious
Senior Member
precious is offline
Brisbane Australia
Joined: Aug 2019
Posts: 124
precious is male 
 
15-08-2019, 03:24 AM
14

Re: What motivates you these days?

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Thank you. I'm glad you have your faith. I don't believe in any transcendent deity myself. I guess I am an agnostic. But Jesus Christ - the man - He is THE man for mine. They don't come any better IMO
you might like to forgive me for that thread keith. these things take time i know. i do have a kind of mental illness myself which forced me out of teaching. my career and thus earning capacity plummeted. im cleaning schools now instead of teaching in them. its a major blow to the ego but at least ive got a job.
writers who influenced me to Christianity
Chesterton
C s lewis
Dostoyevsky.
Dostoyevsky said in so many words " if there is no God then life IS meaningless. No accountability. We can do whatever we like. No judgement day no problem. "
Reply With Quote
keezoy
Senior Member
keezoy is offline
Sydney, Australia
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 492
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-08-2019, 04:37 AM
15

Re: What motivates you these days?

Originally Posted by precious ->
you might like to forgive me for that thread keith. these things take time i know. i do have a kind of mental illness myself which forced me out of teaching. my career and thus earning capacity plummeted. im cleaning schools now instead of teaching in them. its a major blow to the ego but at least ive got a job.
writers who influenced me to Christianity
Chesterton
C s lewis
Dostoyevsky.
Dostoyevsky said in so many words " if there is no God then life IS meaningless. No accountability. We can do whatever we like. No judgement day no problem. "
Nothing to forgive bro. It's all good. Being yourself involves taking risks. Having a mental illness can be a hard road to walk. I don't envy you. So faith can be a very powerful ally. Mind how you go my friend.
Reply With Quote
Psmith
Senior Member
Psmith is offline
melbourne australia
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,503
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-08-2019, 04:54 AM
16

Re: What motivates you these days?

I'm getting motivated by the wanton destruction of the flora and fauna around here.Melbourne has decided that it has to grow towards us and the Victorian government has relaxed building restrictions.The amount of bush and gum trees that have disappeared in the last few years is frightening.So I(and my BH) have become active eco -warriers.
Reply With Quote
keezoy
Senior Member
keezoy is offline
Sydney, Australia
Joined: Apr 2019
Posts: 492
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-08-2019, 05:01 AM
17

Re: What motivates you these days?

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I'm getting motivated by the wanton destruction of the flora and fauna around here.Melbourne has decided that it has to grow towards us and the Victorian government has relaxed building restrictions.The amount of bush and gum trees that have disappeared in the last few years is frightening.So I(and my BH) have become active eco -warriers.
Yes I hadn't been to Melbourne for years until August 2018. When I was there years ago, the gorgeous old architecture dominated and it was just such a great city. Now it's like Chicago. I couldn't believe it. The city was such a mass of skyscrapers. More than in London or LA. It felt bigger than Sydney and probably will be in a few years. If I lived in Melbourne I would be motivated to pushing for more open spaces in the middle of the city.
Reply With Quote
Psmith
Senior Member
Psmith is offline
melbourne australia
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,503
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-08-2019, 05:05 AM
18

Re: What motivates you these days?

There are so few old buildings in Australia.I've been shocked by how readily they get knocked down.
Reply With Quote
spitfire
Chatterbox
spitfire is offline
Warwickshire
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 21,900
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-08-2019, 07:12 AM
19

Re: What motivates you these days?

Waiting to see if Brexit actually happens.
Reply With Quote
Muddy's Avatar
Muddy
Chatterbox
Muddy is offline
UK
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 22,975
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 
 
15-08-2019, 07:31 AM
20

Re: What motivates you these days?

Nothing I am seriously unmotivated .
Reply With Quote
Reply
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Thread Tools


© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top

Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.