Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 09:25 AM

How did I get to this age???

I was talking about being too old for something and said "You're too old for that" reply was "I'm not too old I'm only 66". How old is too old and when do you become it?? Some people IMO are born old, maybe it's their attitude,yet others, even though they may be physically less mobile and their faces are more lined, you're surprised to find their true age is a lot older than you thought.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 09:34 AM

Re: How did I get to this age???

You are never too old for anything, as long as the mind is active and the body lets you
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
You are never too old for anything, as long as the mind is active and the body lets you
I completely agree!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 09:38 AM

Whilst I see the world through the same eyes that I did as a child the world does not see me as the same and for that reason lets me know my real age in no uncertain terms regardless if I want to hear it or not.

It maybe intended as a sharp reminder that I am aging and whether it is out of concern or ridiculing the fact I still want to do things I did when I was younger I am still not sure but as I don't listen I just be the age I want to be
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 09:54 AM

The physical side of ageing is the bit I don't like. I'm still pretty fit, strong and active, but my recovery time is stretching longer and longer and I do wake up with a few aches and pains I never experienced when I was younger.
Mentally I don't think I have changed that much - more cynical maybe, but I would put that down to bitter experience.
Still loving life and living it to the full (as far as I am able) so no complaints!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 09:59 AM

60 - is 40 these days ....
Wish my health was good thats all, otherwise I'm around 35 .....
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Pats CG ->
60 - is 40 these days ....
Wish my health was good thats all, otherwise I'm around 35 .....

35.......THAT OLD
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 10:06 AM

WOW - What big letters you got !!!
Theres only one response to that .....
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2013, 10:07 AM

I think the mind (body, don't know which) can make adjustments so that you can still do things, maybe not in the same way you did when younger or more fit, but still similar so that you don't actually realise you're altering. So you're still acting and feeling younger than your years,and if you feel it others perceive it (if that makes sense).
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

17-07-2013, 10:10 AM

Well my love was dancin - 'cant' do that anymore, so thats a big negative for me..... but - its my humour and love of music that keeps me young in mind - On the outer - I still make an effort, otherwise I'd really go down ....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top