Join for free
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 11:18 AM

Canada Legalises Cannabis...

So Canada has legalised the sale and use of cannabis....
Well good luck with that one.....

It's been over 500 years ish' since some bright spark introduced tobacco to these shores and it's only been in the last 50 years or so that they found out what damage could be caused by having a crafty fag.....

How many people have really died or suffered over those smoke filled 500 years. I suppose we will never know. One thing I do know is; at the young and tender age of eighteen, I was positively encouraged to smoke by friends, family, advertising in the street and on busses, and I believed I could be a detective standing under a streetlight, or ride a horse across the plains rounding up cattle......They lied!

Just look at the problems it has caused over the years, and how a whole new book of laws has had to be written in order to try and cast out the scourge of tobacco, and cannabis is a whole lot worse.....

Not only is it a risk to health through the inhalation of smoke, it can also turn your brain to mush and affect your reactions and behaviour. God help anyone who encounters a user driving on the public highway, because as sure as eggs is eggs, it will, and has, happened...

What is so wrong with society that we have to have some kind of stimulant to get us through the day? Alcohol, tobacco, food, and now drugs......How long before pictures of grotesque brains start appearing on the packaging, and signs spring up in shops and public places extolling the dangers of being transported to planet Zod for most of your waking hours....Not to mention the pressure put on the NHS from the host of side effects.....

Bloody hell! It's enough to make me reach for my spliff....Got a light anybody?
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 11:21 AM

Re: Canada Legalises Cannabis...

That's a Canada model we should be following
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 11:30 AM

It is crazy as is anyone who takes that stuff!
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 11:41 AM

Yes, today is the day when people will be rushing out to buy their first little bag of wacky tobaccy......

Not me, I got enough trouble in my life without asking for more....

But the decision will hurt the drug lords and that is a good thing....hopefully....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 11:43 AM

Hi

I have to say I wish we would do the same.

Put the growers and dealers out of business and very useful tax income.

Much less dangerous than alcohol.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 11:49 AM

It is supposed to be better than prescribed medication for pain.
It should be available here.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 11:54 AM

Cannabis can cause brain problems, and lead on to people taking even harder drugs.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 11:58 AM

It doesn't always lead on to hard drugs...that deprends on how "responsible" the person is. My brother has smoked week for 15 or 20 years and he never went to hard drugs.

Smoking weed, helped him to quite drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes. He is a much nicer person now....

It is the same as alcohol, a person can have a glass of wine in the evening......and if they are a responsible person, they won't drink 2 bottles of rye whiskey as well.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2018, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Cannabis can cause brain problems, and lead on to people taking even harder drugs.
Hi

Having a beer may lead to liver failure and alcoholism.

Everything in moderation.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK

17-10-2018, 12:03 PM

I have absolutely no time for people who take drugs or drink alcohol to excess. The NHS is overstretched enough without having to cope with the health issues of those who bring them on themselves.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top