Join for free
Page 268 of 370 « First < 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 318 368 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 03:51 AM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
The pool was just empty and I got a much better picture of those steps today, the water was almost still so it was easier to see.
Ok, so now that I'm not distracted by the gentleman swimmers, I see what you are talking about. More problematic than those steps being slippery and difficult to manage with your feet, they don't allow one to balance properly. It's an easy fix - just install a proper ladder directly in front of the present one.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2019, 08:28 AM

Wish I could but it belongs to the Council, it's the local 25 metre swimming pool. I'm managing it again and taking my time, so fingers crossed.
To be honest I don't find them slippy just blooming awkward as it is my balance that let's me down, I have no problem with the lower ones it's only the smaller top one and getting the final push up to the side. I have to change my hand position from pull to push and it puts a real strain down my right side.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 08:00 AM

Ran yesterday instead of today.....Gone to walk with Nigel Farage on his 'Leave Means Leave' walk....Catch you all later....
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2019, 08:05 PM

Totally understand, Roxy! I expect that everyone but the 12 year-olds are having similar challenges with those upper steps.

Ooooh, OGF, this is going to be an interesting report....

Had to wait for a repairman so gave the recumbent bike a go. It was a lot easier than the first time I tried it when set at a high-ish level. I am hoping that by mixing it up that my muscles will be tricked into more calorie burn and building. I really don't want to have to pay a spectacular fine or have to appear in court for offending the general public when I next go surfing...

And on that horrible image I have put in the forum's imagination, I am off to run...
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 04:37 PM

Disappointing weights workout on Thursday. Family hassles just robbed me of my motivation and I just couldn't seem to enjoy myself, so I didn't work as hard or as long as I normally do. I hope I feel more like it tomorrow, sigh.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:57 PM

Sorry to hear that Tachyon, I know how you feel.....I often suffer an attack of Mrs Foxitis....She can be so unreasonable and argumentative at times.....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-03-2019, 06:26 PM

It shouldn't work in theory but because I was walking yesterday (report on Bob's Bits if you haven't seen it) I ran Tuesday and Wednesday, a decent run on Tuesday I was prepared to accept anything on Wednesday. What a surprise I got when I had a very inspiring run just falling short (20 seconds) of a course best for this year...

And it just gets better. After completing 16 miles yesterday with the brexiteers, I turned out early for my Friday five and again ran out of my socks....

Floydy, I will post the address of the website for the medical screening company that I used shortly.....I must say, I received the 'Hard Copy' on Wednesday and what a professional easy to understand booklet it was....

Surfermom, It took me three attempts to do the breathing test correctly, so I'm not too concerned with the amber result. I have been known to blow a rubber hot water bottle up....I'll get it right next time....

Although I shall seek my Doctors advice on the results, but as Surfermom will probably agree with, each time you go for a run you are taking stock of any aches, pains or other unusual phenomena, a sort of running medical checkup. Good times suggest a healthy body where all is well in the world, and bad times might be the sign of something unnoticed in daily life but quite noticeable while running.

Running after my heart attack started with gentle walking, I even walked the four miles to the hospital for my six weeks appraisal, and turning up for the tread mill test in running shoes shorts and tee shirt did raise a few eyebrows.....

But as you gain in confidence the walking turns to jogging for short bursts during a walk and then a full blown run around the neighbourhood. The need to return to running has always been very strong and I didn't doubt for one minute that I wouldn't get back to some kind of running, albeit more slowly...
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

23-03-2019, 03:16 AM

Good points on the self-assessment, OGF. I hadn't really thought about it, but you are right. I first started noticing the decrease in the efficiency of my heart long before my doctor.

Sorry to hear about the bad day, Tachyon. We all have them. The best medicine is to get right back to it tomorrow!

Another long day of doctor's appointments put me at home after dark, but I got a quick four in on the treadmill. Tomorrow though, for the first time in ages, I am going to run the beach! Stay tuned....!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2019, 05:01 PM

Thank goodness today's workout was good. I felt I had to prove something because I did such a poor workout last time, and upped a couple of my workouts.

Stomach Crunch: 80 x 45Kg, 20 x 50Kg
Back Extension: 90 x 45Kg
Arm Extension: 90 x 30Kg
Pull-Down: 90 x 60Kg (pleased with that one. Started at 30Kg in Jan)
Overhead Press: 15 x 15Kg, 15 x 25Kg)
Chest Press: 90 x 40Kg
Pec-Dec: 75 x 40Kg (started at 25Kg in Jan)

Did a bit of leg workout but not really worth recording it. Still, I have improved, but can still only manage about 20 x 15Kg on a couple of leg machines. It's crazy that I can do much more with my arms, chest and core than I can do with my legs, sigh. I shall keep going of course, even if it takes months before I'm happy.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

24-03-2019, 01:16 PM

A nice steady ten miles to keep me honest this morning....

Page 268 of 370 « First < 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 318 368 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top