Join for free
Page 218 of 370 « First < 118 168 208 216 217 218 219 220 228 268 318 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 12:52 PM

Re: Post your daily exercise routine

Looks very nice Bratti, perhaps one day in the not too distant future we might wander into your neck of the woods, Mrs Fox has included Canada in her bucket list......I'll tag along....

A decent, dry but cool eight mile run on Sunday, just the last mile was a bit of a struggle.
Fifty yards of visibility this morning and still dark at 7:00am, and although it wasn't raining, water dripped out of everything above head height, making the run through the woods interesting and moist....

I felt quite springy and full of energy right from the start, and I continued to having a very comfortable and satisfying run, plenty of dog walkers on the lane, with a couple of small yappingtons giving me a run for my money, but I escaped unharmed....

I got the odd startled look as I emurged from the mist dressed only in shorts and a thin fleece top, a glance at the thermometer suggested it was just one degree above freezing, but the only ice I saw was the odd puddle out in the sticks...

We are in for a big change in the weather today apparently, with strong gales coming in from the west bringing rain with them, but it will be a good deal warmer.....Allegedly!
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 12:45 AM

Okay yeah I know, been a while since I graced these pages with my presence but I've simply been too shattered with work to do any other exercise lately. Working outside in the rain and wind and almost single-handedly emptying an enormous warehouse full of pallets of road cones, construction equipment, shovels, barriers - most of which I had to re-stack properly by hand onto proper pallets for collection, I have had more than my fair share of exercise and to be honest, I'm in tip top shape body-wise anyway. I've just been totally run down and needed a rest during my afternoons.

But tomorrow (Sat) I'll be back at the gym. I'm not going out for my regular drink and I have as long as I like to get to grips with an updated, intensive programme I've been planning.
So it's weights in the morning and if that doesn't wear me out too much I may even return later to do some leg work and cardio later on (or fit it all in together!). Who knows? Watch this space

- - - - - - - - -

Bob, you seem to be holding the fort while Suzie is away on her latest vacation. keep on running, as that old Spencer Davis Group song goes. Those doggies left you alone this time around, you must be outrunning them now mate

Also, my belated admirations for Bratti's lovely photos too. Splendid pics there!

I guess we all do what we can and when we can and a break to recharge our energy levels doesn't harm us too much.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 11:26 AM

Thanks Floydy, good to see you back.....But don't overdo it after your small layoff.....I can sympathise with the extra work you have had to do leading up to Christmas, I had much the same both in engineering (trying to get work out before the holidays) and then as a Courier/Postman where the delivery offices were choc-o-block with parcels and cards...... Plenty of late nights in both occupations....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Thanks Floydy, good to see you back.....But don't overdo it after your small layoff.....I can sympathise with the extra work you have had to do leading up to Christmas, I had much the same both in engineering (trying to get work out before the holidays) and then as a Courier/Postman where the delivery offices were choc-o-block with parcels and cards...... Plenty of late nights in both occupations....
Very true, Bob. Today I must retract what I said yesterday about me going to the gym as I feel terrible. Full of cold and feeling so down with myself you wouldn't believe it.
At this rate I'll be ringing in sick tomorrow night which is something I rarely do as then they'll be on my back asking why. So I'd then say it was work-related, which it is. Working all night in the cold, wet and rain on a bloody forklift breathing in filthy dust from old stock moving around everywhere. Bunch of bastrds. I hate my job.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

02-12-2018, 01:23 PM

Sounds like you need some quality time out Floydy.....Keep posting on here though....
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

02-12-2018, 05:20 PM

Sounds like you need some quality time out Floydy.....Keep posting on here though....
Oh I'll always keep posting in here, Bob. Never said I wouldn't mate
Now my stiff neck has returned too. All down to working conditions coupled with stress. back to work tonight for more of it yippee!
Will I ever be able to return to the gym?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

03-12-2018, 01:37 PM

I spent an hour yesterday morning writing a report on my Sunday morning eight mile run and the new computer dropped offline before I could post it.....Bugger!

It seems I am having some major problems with windows 10..

Sorry Guys.....
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 02:35 PM

Well, after 4 weeks of a cold that kept returning, I am back to the gym tomorrow. I didn't dare go in case I passed it on to everyone! I bet it will be a rubbish session after a month of not going, but hopefully I won't cough my lungs up and with luck I won't have lost too much progress.

Hope everyone is fit and well!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2018, 05:51 PM

Hi! I hear you Tachyon. I am getting out for a run for the first time in a week. You can't imagine how liberating that sounds!

You are adorable in your skating gear, Bratti, and that is one of the few outdoor activities I miss in this warmer climate.

OGF and Floydy, your write-ups are inspirational as always. The bottom has dropped out here with my daughter, but we are free of the hospital for now, and I think I can get her outside to walk a little. We have a bit of a mountain to climb here, but we've done it before!

Outside is such a lovely place to be !
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

04-12-2018, 04:23 PM

With this post and the few others recently I have posted I feel a bit of a traitor in here at the moment having not been doing any exercise apart from at night with my work, which certainly keeps me fit anyway. But it's good to keep up with what's going on in this thread and to see how you're all doing.

My neck is still really stiff and I have an unabating cough which is keeping me awake, so I'm permanently tired. When I'm fully fit again I'll no doubt be putting in some of my durable endurance gym sessions once more!

I spent an hour yesterday morning writing a report on my Sunday morning eight mile run and the new computer dropped offline before I could post it.....Bugger! It seems I am having some major problems with windows 10. Sorry Guys.....
Nightmare scenario there, Bob. Looking at your posts elsewhere since, you appear to got all that sorted now, so hopefully you'll have some new updates on your running adventures...

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
Well, after 4 weeks of a cold that kept returning, I am back to the gym tomorrow. I didn't dare go in case I passed it on to everyone! I bet it will be a rubbish session after a month of not going, but hopefully I won't cough my lungs up and with luck I won't have lost too much progress.
Hi Tachyon.
Join the club pal, I'm in a right mess with my cough and neck issues. Just don't have any motivation and working outside at work all bloody night doesn't help.
It's surprising how soon we do get back into our exercising when we return though. It feels terrific after a first workout for ages, however the aches and pains may take a while to adjust. I'm sure you'll be back at those marathon ab crunch sessions soon matey!

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Hi! I am getting out for a run for the first time in a week. You can't imagine how liberating that sounds!
The bottom has dropped out here with my daughter, but we are free of the hospital for now, and I think I can get her outside to walk a little. We have a bit of a mountain to climb here, but we've done it before!

Outside is such a lovely place to be !
Suzie, I'm so sorry to hear your daughter isn't well. You don't go into detail but I'm hoping she wasn't had any reoccurences of her previous illness. Thoughts with you both, keep us posted

Page 218 of 370 « First < 118 168 208 216 217 218 219 220 228 268 318 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top