Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2011, 04:42 PM

Re: Meditation / Yoga

Oh yes I would love to do Chi ? It looked wonderful in Calender Girls.
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

08-06-2011, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Tried it donkeys years ago, when the beatles were all Indian,I couldnt do it as like you I couldnt empty my mind.
That is the easy bit for me Annie as there is not a lot in it to start with.
My trouble is retaining all the stuff we are supposed to know about especially, the location of the vacuum cleaner, washing up equipment and these polishing and duster things that I get earache about..
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2011, 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Hammer ->
That is the easy bit for me Annie as there is not a lot in it to start with.
My trouble is retaining all the stuff we are supposed to know about especially, the location of the vacuum cleaner, washing up equipment and these polishing and duster things that I get earache about..
He he Hammer, any old excuse to get out of the chores.
I think I did better at 'emptying my mind'/meditation whatever you want to call it this morning at the yoga class. The teacher advised us not to block out all the thoughts that come tumbling into our minds otherwise they will just keep on coming back. To acknowledge them, let them sit with you for a few seconds then say goodbye, watch them go. I arrived very stressed out, (thanks to my cruel adult daughter) and it did work for a few minutes, enough to let me relax and breathe properly.
This time next week I will be Saluting the Sun in my back garden, hopefully with five little kiddies. That is if I can get all the poses in the right order.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by maryl ->
I hadn't been to my weekly yoga session for three weeks because of the easter hols and my goodness was I stiff and aching, especially my back, when I went in this morning. I've been literally hobbling around at home. After an hour of stretches and bending I feel a great improvement already. I had become complacent, in that because I'd been looking after five grandchildren most of the time during the school holidays and been out and about with them, that would be exercise enough. Seems I must practice yoga more at home, just 10 minutes a day should keep me supple and painless. That's taught me a lesson!
I posted this back in May and I've gone and done the same thing again, I didn't learn my lesson!
We broke up from yoga in June for the summer hols and returned this morning. Creak, creak I felt as if I was going to snap in half! The others were all the same, none of us had done a bit of yoga for two months. At the end of the lesson we felt supple and full of energy. Now to get my mind motivated to practice at home.
seaspirit
stowmarket suffolk
seaspirit is female  seaspirit has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-09-2011, 11:05 PM

there are some lovely meditation discs on the market these days, my favourite at the moment is a budhist chant, also use the flutes of raymund red feather , he came and played for us at a pagan festival , amazing guy , he makes all his flutes,a russian authodox male choir,picked up in Russia, dosn't have the power of when they sung in the little church, but still pretty good, and harry james I love his trumpet

never done yoga, used to do thi chi, now bones hurt to much for most movment
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-09-2011, 08:20 AM

There isn't enough WD40 in the world to keep my (metal) joints oiled and supple to allow me to do Tai Chi !!!
Charlie15
New Member!
usa
Charlie15 is male 

27-09-2011, 12:05 PM

Nice posting.
I think yoga is the best health exercise.
I have to say that it is very useful tool to
get your self fit and fine. It is very helpful to
reduce the weight.Yoga improve the mood and
the subjective well being.
maryl
UK

27-09-2011, 01:44 PM

I so agree Charlie 15. Just returned from this morning's yoga session (for the over 50s so nice and gentle). At the end of the lesson when we thanked our tutor I let out a big sigh. I felt absolutely at peace, was smiling to myself and my body feels tuned and supple. I think of this as a gift to myself, I will always carry on with this as long as I am able to, wish I'd started it years ago.
kevn
New Member!
los angeles usa
kevn is male 

13-07-2018, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Anyone into meditation or yoga?

I'd love to try both - as they're meant to be very good for you, meditation for you mind and yoga for your body. Anyone tried it or thought about giving it a go?
I do one hour of Buddist meditation (focusing attention on the breath) every day. Some days I do more. I've been doing this for about two months, I think.
I'm not a grouchy old fart anymore. I'm not depressed anymore. I'm just basically happier than I used to be.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2018, 07:41 AM

Yes I do a half an hour of yoga every morning.
It’s like oil for the joints and heaven for the mind.
My yoga has 13 series to it so there’s a new routine every morning and it never gets boring. It’s from Namaste ; A popular yoga tv series.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top