Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 05:45 PM

Crossing Places Off Your List

What places have you traveled turned out to be a disappointment or gave you enough reason to say you'd never go back again? Why?

I am a happy, grateful, low maintenance traveler, but I feel that way about New York City.

My curiosity stems from currently planning a 2-3 week vacation in late '19, and since I can't decide where I want to go - I thought I might start out by figuring out where I don't want to go.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 08:29 AM

Re: Crossing Places Off Your List

I don't really like cities so tend not to go to them if I can help it .
Never been to New York .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 11:26 AM

I am not really a City person anymore either but I love New York. Probably the one city I have visited that I really like.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 11:28 AM

I know many will disagree with me here but I found Las Vegas not really to my liking and I would not want to go back. It's fine if you are a gambler, which I am not and the only thing left is eating, eating and eating. Perhaps if I was single, I might feel differently about it.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 12:10 PM

I would not want to go back to Paignton or Torquay , I had read it was the English Rivieria it did not live up to it description .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 12:28 PM

London, I always come back and leap straight in the shower, Its such a dirty place.

Sunderland, only place in UK we have parked and seriously worried about our safety and if our car would be there when we returned. That was back in the 90s it may have changed since then but back then it wasn't nice.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 02:09 PM

I wouldnt ever want to go back to Whitehaven what a dump!!
And Hastings many years ago was an utter pit of despair ...
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 02:22 PM

Hi

The Ukraine.

Chad.

Wrexham.

Runcorn.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
What places have you traveled turned out to be a disappointment or gave you enough reason to say you'd never go back again? Why?

I am a happy, grateful, low maintenance traveler, but I feel that way about New York City.

My curiosity stems from currently planning a 2-3 week vacation in late '19, and since I can't decide where I want to go - I thought I might start out by figuring out where I don't want to go.
I have been to a lot of places, mostly on business. So not generally touristy places. Many I would go back to and a few I wouldn't.

Kayseri, central Turkey, is one. Limited food choices for western tastes but OK if you like sheep's brain.

South Africa is another. I went there for a few months and it was different. Sections of the beach for whites only was a bit of an eye opener for me as an unseasoned traveller at the time. But the food was superb. I have been back since apartheid was dismantled. It not a safe place.

Libya was interesting but not a place I would go back to now. Not even sure I could.

Malta is another place I would cross of my list for the same reason I would avoid the Mediterranean resorts in Spain. They are over run with tourists and, in my view, have lost their identity.

On the other side of the coin, one of the most pleasant holidays we had was in the Trossachs in Scotland. We rented a holiday cottage there. And walked lots.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I wouldnt ever want to go back to Whitehaven what a dump!!
And Hastings many years ago was an utter pit of despair ...
Used to love hastings but they've used it as a dumping ground for benefit claimants and refugees for years now it's really spoiled the area. Used to be a retirement area few years ago and a place for family holidays. Not anymore, sadly.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top