Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 04:06 PM

Re: Christmas Decorations.

I've cut down on my Christmas decorations since our grandchildren are now teenagers. I do love to continue with a decorated tree and a bit of tinsel here and there and the usual display of Christmas cards, which are getting less each year ... but no more climbing up the steps to put other decorations up for me.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-10-2018, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I can't see it fully,Tessa,is it a painting?..do you sell those hats or hire them out?
Yes a painting.

They're for Steampunk events Pauline, I've just taken the black widow one apart as I want to put it on a pumpkin outside, it was a Empress of Racnoss Dr.Who toy but I chopped the head off to make it a proper spider and painted it. It kept moving as I was painting it which freaked me out! ( legs are jointed)
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-10-2018, 01:01 PM

Bah!..Humbug!..
Not at all, we enjoy Christmas, just differently. My family is over 300 miles away and that leaves the two of us here in the back of beyond. No need for decorations as neither of us are fussed. If the family are traveling up then yes I'd go all out.
After breakfast we usually drive away up into the hills (weather permitting) and have a good long trek with the dog, often we are on horseback, so the Clydes get an outing too. We get home as it's getting dark, sort the animals then sit down to a big Christmas Dinner that I'd prepared the day before, just a couple of things to heat up. Then in the evening it's catch up with the Telly.
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Yes a painting.

They're for Steampunk events Pauline, I've just taken the black widow one apart as I want to put it on a pumpkin outside, it was a Empress of Racnoss Dr.Who toy but I chopped the head off to make it a proper spider and painted it. It kept moving as I was painting it which freaked me out! ( legs are jointed)
TessA, I have been looking through your albums and I must tell you, your arts and crafts are excellent. I just love The Apple of my Eye.......and many others. You are a very talented lady......
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
We just add the artificial tree as the lights stay up all year, love my fairy lights I do.
Snap!! Same here...your lights up the stairs look lovely Pauline very pretty and christmassy..I usually have xmas ornaments that have lights on them but that all apart from my small artificial pre lit tree. The fairy lights make christmas for me more than hanging decorations which I stopped having years ago
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 02:08 PM

I know Meg,I hate dust also,I use a leaf blower on my lights,gets rid of the dust!...

Joking!.
Love your humour

I know it's early,but thought,when you put up your decorations,you can post a pic of them here,..any pics will be nice,..I put these lights up the stairs,I'm going to buy a long Xmas garland,to wind around the lights.
Last night I put up the start of our Christmas lights. I put them around the front deck railings, on the trellis ornaments and in various bushes. The main colour is blue but I added pink and purple last year and while they aren’t Christmas colours, they are beautiful soothing colours that I don’t get sick of. They won’t get turned on until the end of November/ beginning of December. I just get them up now before we have too much snow.

My greenhouse gets decorated in pink and purple also but I won’t show any pictures until it’s closer to the Christmas season. The snowfall really makes a difference.

We have an artificial tree we put up each year that has ornaments that I’ve saved for 40 some odd years. Many of them are handmade from dear friends. There are many handcarved ornaments since we are both woodcarvers and have woodcarving friends.

Then I have some cool looking Christmas props I use to make beautiful displays from. I’ve got a silver sleigh that I add comes, berries and evergreen to. They smell heavenly and look so festive.

Closer to Christmas I go all out and make dozens of cookies and sometimes a gingerbread house which I decorate.

I LOVE the season. I love the lights, the food, the candy, the songs and everything about it. Since I don’t have a huge family we never had any huge family obligations. My parents winterized in the States every year, Christmas inclusive so our Christmases are beautifully quiet but that’s why I like them.

Note: I’ll post pics closer to the season.
Great thread.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Snap!! Same here...your lights up the stairs look lovely Pauline very pretty and christmassy..I usually have xmas ornaments that have lights on them but that all apart from my small artificial pre lit tree. The fairy lights make christmas for me more than hanging decorations which I stopped having years ago

I agree Aysa,I was thinking about keeping those red lights on the stairs,all year round,what do you think?..or should I get the clear fairy lights and put them on the stairs?.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-11-2018, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Love your humour

Last night I put up the start of our Christmas lights. I put them around the front deck railings, on the trellis ornaments and in various bushes. The main colour is blue but I added pink and purple last year and while they aren’t Christmas colours, they are beautiful soothing colours that I don’t get sick of. They won’t get turned on until the end of November/ beginning of December. I just get them up now before we have too much snow.

My greenhouse gets decorated in pink and purple also but I won’t show any pictures until it’s closer to the Christmas season. The snowfall really makes a difference.

We have an artificial tree we put up each year that has ornaments that I’ve saved for 40 some odd years. Many of them are handmade from dear friends. There are many handcarved ornaments since we are both woodcarvers and have woodcarving friends.

Then I have some cool looking Christmas props I use to make beautiful displays from. I’ve got a silver sleigh that I add comes, berries and evergreen to. They smell heavenly and look so festive.

Closer to Christmas I go all out and make dozens of cookies and sometimes a gingerbread house which I decorate.

I LOVE the season. I love the lights, the food, the candy, the songs and everything about it. Since I don’t have a huge family we never had any huge family obligations. My parents winterized in the States every year, Christmas inclusive so our Christmases are beautifully quiet but that’s why I like them.

Note: I’ll post pics closer to the season.
Great thread.

That sounds so exciting Bratti,I can't wait to see your pics,..my Christmas will also be beautifully quiet,just my son and my 2 small dogs.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

01-11-2018, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
TessA, I have been looking through your albums and I must tell you, your arts and crafts are excellent. I just love The Apple of my Eye.......and many others. You are a very talented lady......

I agree WB,she is so clever at thinking outside the box,I just love that painting and those spider hats.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

01-11-2018, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
Not at all, we enjoy Christmas, just differently. My family is over 300 miles away and that leaves the two of us here in the back of beyond. No need for decorations as neither of us are fussed. If the family are traveling up then yes I'd go all out.
After breakfast we usually drive away up into the hills (weather permitting) and have a good long trek with the dog, often we are on horseback, so the Clydes get an outing too. We get home as it's getting dark, sort the animals then sit down to a big Christmas Dinner that I'd prepared the day before, just a couple of things to heat up. Then in the evening it's catch up with the Telly.

Sounds great,Roxy!.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top