Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Maddy
somewwhere.....
Maddy is female  Maddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 11:12 AM

Re: Do you think about Old Age?

I try not to -but it is there every day ' it can scare me like being left -have family thank god -but then I think I dont wanna live with them - so I try not to worry till the day comes .
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
WB you come across as a vibrant youngster in your posts , I'm surprised , I always think you full of life
Susan, thank you for this. I usually try to be as uplifting as I can be when I post...and really, in real life I am pretty good too most of the time, but I have my "moods"...being bipolar and old, is quite a combination to say the least, and I feel like I am on a roller coaster........some days feeling young and alive, going out with my friends, having fun, never once thinking about my age......then, other days, I am sitting around thinking I am too tired and sick to do anything....and depression will start peaking in the door, and I have to slam it in the face, because I cannot let it ride on my back...or take control of me.....

I also have a lot of physical sickness and disease in my body and I suffer, but they are under control with medications and I know most people my age, are in the same boat.....

We are all destined to reach this place in life, but to some, it isn't even imaginable (just like when I was their age)...
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I think about old age & feel dread. Mostly it's the thought of not being able to look after myself - relying on other people for personal care.

My kids will take over my affairs. I don't want it to happen but it will.

Already they annoy me. Recently I paid £400 to have a short fence erected. Their attitude was 'save your £400 you don't need a fence' Do I need them to tell me what to do with my money? Do they think I'm docile already?

Most annoying coming from one who thinks nothing of spending £15,000 on a new kitchen and God knows how much on a brand new range rover!!

Old age -It's not much to look forward to. I don't want to be a burden on anybody or treated like a child.

To be honest - I try not to think about it!!
Carol, I have to say........I identify with you here.....did you ever say it like I feel it.

My son has been getting on my nerves also for the last couple of years, I don't like his way of thinking. He is like his father in all ways......and I sure couldn't stand his father either and that is why I left him and raised my son on my own, never once realizing that he could turn out "just like his dad"

He bosses me around and trys to tell me I don't need this and that, save my money, etc etc......no way, I am going to change now. If I want something, I buy it, to h*** with the price tag on it......I love nice things and I don't think anything wrong in using my own money to give me pleasure.....

Funny how kids grow up, and start to think they are smarter than US. I cannot wrap my brain around that, I am an independant woman and I am going to stay this way until I "lose my mind with dementia"......then I hope I just die as I don't want anyone telling me what to do.....

Thanks Carol, I enjoyed your post.....
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

06-11-2018, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What do I think not much I'm afraid .
I can still ride a spirited horse .
But soon I won't be able to hire a car .
My eyes aren't what they used to be.
I will never paint a masterpiece or play the guitar .
The other day I went on some horrible site on FB called fateday and it said I have 1year 5 months two week and five hours left to live .
It gave me a bit of a jolt but then I put in Mr Ms details and found he's already been dead two years -so that's why he's so grumpy !
Hi Muddy.....

After I read your post last night, I went on facebook and tried to find the fateday you are talking about. I couldn't find it and I tried googling it. I went to bed and forgot about it. Maybe it is for the best because if I got an answer like you got, I am sure I would fret about it for a while... We can't believe that crap can we, hahahaha
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

06-11-2018, 11:32 AM

Now I've a moment to think about the future , firstly I can never believe that it's going to happen to me but as I'm not believing it , it is .

I know this may upset some and I don't mean to , but I do wish there was a pill that I could take when it just all gets too much , and yes I would know when it does .

No way would I move in with my kids and be bossed around .

I must say that it's horrid at times alone , though I'm used to alone , as I get older I enjoy friends coming to stay and feel a little sadder when they leave , never thought I'd say that .

It's already here , and it's scarey
Yes it is scarey at time....
Like you Susan, I wish there was a pill. I can just imagine how many of us would be out buying that pill when we hit a certain stage in life.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 11:33 AM

I try not to think too hard about it, I imagine with my family history I will be long gone before I become infirm or lose my mental faculties. But every day that passes I have another ache or pain and I just can't do the things I used to do even a couple of years ago.

I have made a will (which I'm about to change actually) and I have 2 LPAs in place so most decisions regarding my health and welfare and my finances will be put into the hands of the 2 people I trust the most, people that aren't my kids They would only be interested in what benefits them.
Nicol
South east of England
Nicol is female  Nicol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by wild blueberry ->
Yes it is scarey at time....
Like you Susan, I wish there was a pill. I can just imagine how many of us would be out buying that pill when we hit a certain stage in life.
I have pills
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

06-11-2018, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I try not to think too hard about it, I imagine with my family history I will be long gone before I become infirm or lose my mental faculties. But every day that passes I have another ache or pain and I just can't do the things I used to do even a couple of years ago.

I have made a will (which I'm about to change actually) and I have 2 LPAs in place so most decisions regarding my health and welfare and my finances will be put into the hands of the 2 people I trust the most, people that aren't my kids They would only be interested in what benefits them.
Nicol I have recently decided also, to change some things in my will, so more than one person will be making decisions on my behalf. I just feel like it is a necessity, now that I realize how "tight fisted" my son is. Don't get me wrong, I love my son dearly, but he is a cheap-skate, hahaha.......

They live in a great big house, with 3 bedrooms, office, etc....all the luxuries in the world, and they don't even have any children and are not going to have any...
But, for some reason, they think it is alright for them, but not for me......
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada

06-11-2018, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Nicol ->
I have pills
HAHAHAHA, Nicol, I just laughed so hard when I read what you posted here, I spit my coffee all over the place, so I had to get some towels to wipe up.......

You really had me laughing here.....

Nicol, I have some pills also, but I did a lot of research and they say, if we take too many to try to do ourselves in, we just "throw up" and get stomache ache. Do you think that is true?
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2018, 11:47 AM

Now I've a moment to think about the future , firstly I can never believe that it's going to happen to me but as I'm not believing it , it is .

I know this may upset some and I don't mean to , but I do wish there was a pill that I could take when it just all gets too much , and yes I would know when it does .

No way would I move in with my kids and be bossed around .

I must say that it's horrid at times alone , though I'm used to alone , as I get older I enjoy friends coming to stay and feel a little sadder when they leave , never thought I'd say that .

It's already here , and it's scarey
Susan those are exactly my thoughts and feelings too !!

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top