Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 10:52 PM

Re: Ford recall Focus for clutch cracks

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
My fiesta had a recall a couple of months ago, apparently the drivers seat could come loose or something, all sorted now..
Oh that's good Primus
My wife has a Fiesta but it would depend on what model and year is at fault I guess.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
It must have cost Ford millions to sort this problem out. It affects just the Focus Ecoboost from 2014 on.
Didn't have a coffee though mate, I decided to walk into the town of Beverley and quaffed a pint of Wainwright ale instead
Glad you said which Focus, that one I had visions of the Focus estate being the same, though ours is older than 2014.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 11:28 PM

Oh that's good Primus
My wife has a Fiesta but it would depend on what model and year is at fault I guess.
Mines a 67 plate
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2018, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Glad you said which Focus, that one I had visions of the Focus estate being the same, though ours is older than 2014.
Yours should be okay Tiffany

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Mines a 67 plate
My wife's is a 17 so it's probably the same model. Hmmmm I'll ask her if she's had a letter. Thanks, Primus
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

23-11-2018, 11:39 PM

Two seconds later.....no she hasn't.
Now she's getting all frantic about her being ejected through the roof lol!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 10:54 AM

Two seconds later.....no she hasn't.
Now she's getting all frantic about her being ejected through the roof lol!
Don’t panic mr mainwaring,
Mines a fiesta, yours is a focus...
Pug
Chatterbox
East Anglia,UK
Pug is male  Pug has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 06:11 PM

I had a Focus in 2012 that Ford had decided to put a clutch paddle-arm in,rather than a disc. That too, was replaced for a new disc-version clutch for free by Ford. ...which was decent of them as it was well used & had never been any trouble. It was the 2L diesel estate version. I wish I still had it, as it was never a problem, always reliable, economical - but a local farmer accidentally reversed over it with a combine one night. [oops]
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
I had a Focus in 2012 that Ford had decided to put a clutch paddle-arm in,rather than a disc. That too, was replaced for a new disc-version clutch for free by Ford. ...which was decent of them as it was well used & had never been any trouble. It was the 2L diesel estate version. I wish I still had it, as it was never a problem, always reliable, economical - but a local farmer accidentally reversed over it with a combine one night. [oops]
Well done.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-11-2018, 09:00 PM

Yours should be okay Tiffany

My wife's is a 17 so it's probably the same model. Hmmmm I'll ask her if she's had a letter. Thanks, Primus
It was made in 2011, I asked Daughter. I couldn't remember. Just realised, it's an automatic anyway.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

25-11-2018, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by Pug ->
Oh dear bad luck buddy!
Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
It was made in 2011, I asked Daughter. I couldn't remember. Just realised, it's an automatic anyway.
Left off the hook then, Tiffany!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top