Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 01:29 PM

Re: JuiceJumbo Marshmallow Bluetooth Speaker only £5 In Sainsbury’s.

Or you could build your own......

Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 01:46 PM

Nice!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 03:38 PM

Brings back memories of my old Mullard 5 valve x 10watt Amp stuffed in a box with a speaker and plenty of ventilation.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Or you could build your own......

Somehow, I just can't see it on a kitchen worktop .....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-02-2019, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Nice!
Thanks Ray, I can push a load of different things through the fifteen watt RMS amplifier to give them a bit more ooooomph...
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-02-2019, 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Brings back memories of my old Mullard 5 valve x 10watt Amp stuffed in a box with a speaker and plenty of ventilation.
Yes they had a rich sound all of their own EZ.
I was just getting involved with electronics when they were just going out of fashion, but I did manage to build a couple of valve amplifiers, usually from salvaged TV's....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

07-02-2019, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Somehow, I just can't see it on a kitchen worktop .....
Yes Omah, it goes all over the house or garage to 'beef up' most outputs from phones, rubbish TV speakers, MP3's or laptops. It's best used from the mains supply, but it will work quite happily from a 12 volt DC source. Only about two hours from batteries though.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-02-2019, 02:55 AM

I have a few Bluetooth devices none of which were cheap.

A Sony Noise Cancelling Headset WH-CH700N which I bought at Sydney Airport Duty Free (ie I was ripped off) they are good for me on a plane and to listen to Spotify from my phone, music on my Sony Walkman or Youtube on my tablet. I use them quite a bit. You can connect them by wire too. From memory they were about $200 (£100)

I have a JBL Flip 4 which was about $140 (£70) they are great at home or in the garden. Amazingly loud for their size - basically cylindrical 17cm long and 7cm in diameter. Great when painting or working in the shed.

The final device I bought ages ago was a mistake. I bought it off the Internet thinking it was a size of a small desktop computer box. Alas it is much bigger and heavier. My kids love it and are always borrowing it for parties or BBQs. For me it is far too big. Nice sound and can be used with many different sources including Bluetooth but just too big. I made a wheeled stand for it in the end. Since then Sony has brought out much smaller versions but I am stuck with this whopper.

Gone are the days when I used to made my own HiFi speakers and amplifiers. These things are so brilliant.

BTW I get hearing aids in a couple of weeks

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top