Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 01:42 PM

Re: Taking benefits from poorly people

swimfeeders I don’t judge who is fit and who is not .
The examples www.benefitsandwork.co.uk provided are clearly ones that should never have happened and quite rightly have been judged to be the fault directly of both assessors ordered to pay £10,000 compensation and the DWP .

When claimants get their applications turned down ,or a benefit once which was paid gets stopped as in the case of this thread there has to be reasons given.
Take the thread title and what Lion Queen has explained this is not like you ,a male who had the strength to physically get back on your feet again .
Some conditions cannot be reversed ,emphysema is one of them ,Chrohns disease is another .
Personally I cannot imagine an employer who would be willing to employ a 61 yr old woman who wasn’t up and ready to go to work on the dot because of those two complaints every morning when there are thousands of young fit people looking for work .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2019, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
swimfeeders I don’t judge who is fit and who is not .
The examples www.benefitsandwork.co.uk provided are clearly ones that should never have happened and quite rightly have been judged to be the fault directly of both assessors ordered to pay £10,000 compensation and the DWP .

When claimants get their applications turned down ,or a benefit once which was paid gets stopped as in the case of this thread there has to be reasons given.
Take the thread title and what Lion Queen has explained this is not like you ,a male who had the strength to physically get back on your feet again .
Some conditions cannot be reversed ,emphysema is one of them ,Chrohns disease is another .
Personally I cannot imagine an employer who would be willing to employ a 61 yr old woman who wasn’t up and ready to go to work on the dot because of those two complaints every morning when there are thousands of young fit people looking for work .
my thoughts and that of my dear friend. Anyway she's fighting and I for one hope she wins her case. I'm proud of how she doesn't give up and fights for her rights. She brought 6 kids up single handedly after divorcing her cheating husband, one of which had/has poor mental health, she worked and put herself through university, god only knows how she managed but she did. Ill health took everything away from her. She doesn't choose not to work Swims, it is only a matter of time before she is on oxygen, for now she is struggling on refusing to give in to it but the time will come where she has no choice.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 11:31 AM

LQ , I hope by now your friend has been in touch with people who can help her .

It’s been reported there’s a big shock coming in May for some . A new pensioner with a partner under 65 depriving them of the top up benefit Pension Credit and this will affect some 40,000 couples , will have to claim Universal Credit instead at a yearly loss of income estimated at close to £7,000
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 02:27 PM

I can't help thinking this government wants people to starve and die so they get them off the unemployment numbers.

Had a massive row with an assessor who attended my husbands oncology department to check up on him. Was he really too sick to work ? no of course not he could take his drip and bucket to be sick in with him to work, I was convinced I was talking to a person with very little brain and even less empathy.

I feel very sorry for anyone trying to get anything out of the system as it is these days. It may have been too easy in the past but it's criminally difficult now.

Great if anyone gets to stage they are well enough to work, personally I take very little time off and crawl in some days but that doesn't make me a better person than those who can't. Just possibly more stupid.

Your friend won't find it easy to find an employer to take her on IMO nor should her children have to support her. Dangerous to suggest they should as it would be just what this government would like us all to do, no benefits just rely on our families.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 03:07 PM

That's disgusting Julie! That assessor had no rights being there. I would tell my MP and put it all over the internet if it was me!

You're right about children helping out. When I applied for UC I had to state whether any family or friends could help out with money! I'll be so glad when I get my pension later this year! These benefit people make sure you feel like the lowest of the low!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-03-2019, 03:18 PM

Why shouldnt families help out of they can ?
I mean this is a loved one isn't it ?
Zuleika
North West UK

06-03-2019, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Why shouldnt families help out of they can ?
I mean this is a loved one isn't it ?
Theres no law to say children cannot financially support their children .
What I don’t understand is why you cannot or do not want to see is how the DWP are relentlessly stripping the long term sick and disabled of previous awards they were entitled to .
I am personally helping out someone unrelated to me because they had a benefit worth £300 a month taken away from them because of the new rules despite the fact their condition , paranoid schizophrenia , hadn’t changed .

.This person who lives alone and has to keep a roof over her head as well as pay bills like the rest of us has a mother and other relatives who never enquire about her financial situation,

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top