Join for free
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 01:32 AM

Losing the toolbar

Help
Have lost the toolbar on internet explorer .
Can't get it back .
Any ideas gratefully received .
Before I murder my computer
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 01:56 AM

Re: Losing the toolbar

Showing the Menu Bar in Internet Explorer

https://www.lifewire.com/display-the...plorer-4129260

You can show the menu bar either temporarily or set it to display unless you explicitly hide it.

To temporarily view the menu bar: Make sure that Explorer is the active application (by clicking somewhere in its window), and then press the Alt key. At this point, selecting any item in the menu bar displays until you click elsewhere on the page; then it becomes hidden again.

To set the menu bar to remain visible: Right-click the title bar above the URL address bar in the browser and tick the checkbox next to Menu Bar. The menu bar will display unless you check the box again to hide it.

Alternatively, press Alt (to show the menu bar), and select the View menu. Choose Toolbars and then Menu Bar.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 01:57 AM

Can’t help you myself Muddy as I have a Mac but I looked this up which may help you....

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...30.KqUipZlxOQM
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Help
Have lost the toolbar on internet explorer .
Can't get it back .
Any ideas gratefully received .
Before I murder my computer
As you are on Internet Explorer try downloading Google toolbar.

Used it for years brilliant.

https://download.cnet.com/Google-Too...-10056938.html
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 01:35 PM

Google “how to restore toolbar on IE “ it’s easy .
It’s happened to me several times
I think also pressing F11 key might do it .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 02:07 PM

Thanks everyone I will give them all a go when I can work up the courage to approach my laptop again .
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2019, 03:46 PM

Hi Muddy

If you've lost everything at the top of the screen then all you did was accidentally hit the F11 key. Just hit it again to restore it all. It's a useful feature sometimes when you need to see the entire screen.

If you still have something at the top of the screen, i.e. some kind of information like favourites bar or other, then you've simply managed to disable one or more other "bars".

Simply RIGHT click your mouse anywhere at the top (not on an actual icon) and you will get the options for:

Menu bar, favourites bar, command bar and status bar. Just tick them back on again one by one to see which one was missing.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top