Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 08:44 AM

Hmmm - Did we pay for this???

So Interserve have been saved from insolvency with an immediate cash injection of £110 Million and has been sold. No mention of who it was sold to, neither does the article reporting this mention who has paid the £110 Million. Given the extent of the Government's contracts with this company , could it be that 'we' have paid this £110 Million to prop up yet another failing company???

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2019/03/1...ash-injection/
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 09:01 AM

Re: Hmmm - Did we pay for this???

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
So Interserve have been saved from insolvency with an immediate cash injection of £110 Million and has been sold. No mention of who it was sold to, neither does the article reporting this mention who has paid the £110 Million. Given the extent of the Government's contracts with this company , could it be that 'we' have paid this £110 Million to prop up yet another failing company???

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2019/03/1...ash-injection/
well UJ it's either gotta be a govt bail out OR a private business venture who wish to remain anonymous?? take ya pick
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 12:46 PM

I would guess they can't really let another fail, not that I think they want to save jobs but they can't be seen as again doing business with a dud contractor.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 12:52 PM

I think it's something to do with reducing debt by issuing more shares. So it's the shareholders suffering as far as I'm aware.
I don't think the gov / taxpayer is bailing them out at this time.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I would guess they can't really let another fail, not that I think they want to save jobs but they can't be seen as again doing business with a dud contractor.

Too late Julie darlin' - one of the ferry companies is suing Grayling for his incompetence relating to arranging extra ferry services in the event of a 'no deal' Brexit.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 02:11 PM

Grayling? My days, what a suitable case for treatment HE is. But then again,why has he not been stuck on the Back Benches?
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 02:16 PM

It seems to me that most of these public/private partnerships are schemes to start a business at the expense of the state and to then continue to profit by doing business with the state often using state owned assets to do this.The reasons given for this are usually better efficiency,Look how well the railways are doing
Best regards.Donkeyman.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Grayling? My days, what a suitable case for treatment HE is. But then again,why has he not been stuck on the Back Benches?
Theresa might still need his vote. Regards,Donkeyman.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by gumbud ->
well UJ it's either gotta be a govt bail out OR a private business venture who wish to remain anonymous?? take ya pick
Inclined to agree with you there gumbud. It's odds on that it is the government that's bailed them out. What with Brexit, they certainly can't afford to be seen as the overlords of yet another huge private contractor going belly up under their watch.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 08:58 PM

Neither a private business or the Government have bailed them out as yet.
They have used reallocation of debt and issued more shares.
At this time it's the shareholders who have taken the brunt of it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top