Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 11:47 PM

Re: E-on and those B***** smart meters again

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Doesn't that only apply to the older obsolete smart meters?

Most suppliers over here are still trying to install the first generation smart meters.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 04:59 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Most suppliers over here are still trying to install the first generation smart meters.
Strange attitude for a business to install something they know they will have to change eventually.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Strange attitude for a business to install something they know they will have to change eventually.
Brucy, not strange at all,
They get payed twice for doing the same job
Sounds quite logical to me
You are forgetting, this is UK, not Aussie.

Best Regards,Donkeyman.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 10:14 AM

When I moved last year SSE couldn't take the pre- payment meters out for a month, blimmin' things, because they were too busy installing Smart meters. Now they're phoning, texting, sending letters trying to get me to have one.
No way Jose!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2019, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
When I moved last year SSE couldn't take the pre- payment meters out for a month, blimmin' things, because they were too busy installing Smart meters. Now they're phoning, texting, sending letters trying to get me to have one.
No way Jose!
Thats it Tessa, you keep on ignoring them,eventually they will
come to your door begging you to have one and then is the
chance to strike, you tell them there is charge to pay before you
let them in. Give it a try.

Best. Regards,. Donkeyman.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-04-2019, 03:04 PM

We received a letter a while back saying that EON wanted to supply us with a Smart meter - I tried to ring them to say that we didn't want one but couldn't get through - muzak etc. so I left it. A while later EON rang me to make an appointment so I told them we didn't want one and he said he would take us off his list. I've heard no more since then.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top