Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 03:48 PM

Do you ever wonder???

Do you ever wonder that if you had made different decisions, or choices in life, that you would be living a different life now?

I often wonder that if my family had remained in Windsor, what would I be doing now, who would I have married, and how different my life might be.
Don't get me wrong, I am very happy, but I do wonder.

Do you wonder about the same things?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 04:34 PM

Re: Do you ever wonder???

Yes I do. If I'd married my first boyfriend, when he asked me, I'd probably be divorced by now. He has had 2 wives. Not an easy person to live with.
If my Daughter could have had kids, we'd not be as close as we are & we do do a lot together. On reflection I'm glad I made the choices I did & married the man I did, we had a Son, still living with me & the already mentioned Daughter. I'd not change a thing.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 04:43 PM

I think of life much like a long and winding road with many twists and turns.
As with roads you will come across several forks. Do you fork right or left? Had you taken the left fork instead of the right, would have met your Mr/Mrs Right? Would your kids have had fair or dark or ever red hair? Would you have even had that career that you loved/hated so much?
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 04:44 PM

my biggest regret was turning down a job in New Zealand back in the early 80s, how I really do regret that now as seeing what a shit hole Britain has turned into now.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Yes I do. If I'd married my first boyfriend, when he asked me, I'd probably be divorced by now. He has had 2 wives. Not an easy person to live with.
If my Daughter could have had kids, we'd not be as close as we are & we do do a lot together. On reflection I'm glad I made the choices I did & married the man I did, we had a Son, still living with me & the already mentioned Daughter. I'd not change a thing.
I think we all reflect Tiff. I also hope that most of us have made the right decisions. I am glad that you are happy, and have close relationships with your son and daughter.

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
I think of life much like a long and winding road with many twists and turns.
As with roads you will come across several forks. Do you fork right or left? Had you taken the left fork instead of the right, would have met your Mr/Mrs Right? Would your kids have had fair or dark or ever red hair? Would you have even had that career that you loved/hated so much?
I think that you are happy EZ, I think you made the right choices too. But I agree, life is all about making those decisions, and praying they are the right ones.

Originally Posted by basser ->
my biggest regret was turning down a job in New Zealand back in the early 80s, how I really do regret that now as seeing what a shit hole Britain has turned into now.
Sorry to read that basser. We will survive.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 04:57 PM

Not so much really only thing I ever wonder about is should I have given up working entirely a few years instead of limping on. I might be healthier if I wasn't working but I can't change it so no point thinking about it too much.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by basser ->
I think a lot of us would have moved abroad if we had seen what was coming basser. New Zealand would have been a good move.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-03-2019, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Not so much really only thing I ever wonder about is should I have given up working entirely a few years instead of limping on. I might be healthier if I wasn't working but I can't change it so no point thinking about it too much.
Difficult choice Julie, we make decisions on a lot of things, never knowing what the future hold for us. Hugs sent, you are a love person.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I think a lot of us would have moved abroad if we had seen what was coming basser. New Zealand would have been a good move.
We had many chances, I am afraid for me, there is no place like home, if I can still call it that
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:25 PM

I should have gone into the WRAF at 17 . My life would have been easier

I should have accepted the job offered in the bank when I was 38 . I would have had a secure job with a pension

All too late now
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-03-2019, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I should have gone into the WRAF at 17 . My life would have been easier

I should have accepted the job offered in the bank when I was 38 . I would have had a secure job with a pension

All too late now
Oh, Susan, I am sorry to read that.
I was hoping for no regrets, but, I am sure there may be more.
We must meet this Summer for a cuppa.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top