Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:29 PM

Re: Do you ever wonder???

I should not have stormed out after waiting more than half an hour for a job interview
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I should not have stormed out after waiting more than half an hour for a job interview
Where was that Longlegs? You will now have us all wondering.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:34 PM

Had I accepted the job I was offerred in 1971 I would be living in the Czech Republic now.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Had I accepted the job I was offerred in 1971 I would be living in the Czech Republic now.
Do you regret that Joe?
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Do you ever wonder that if you had made different decisions, or choices in life, that you would be living a different life now?
No. It serves no purpose.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:42 PM

Where was that Longlegs? You will now have us all wondering.
It was a big advertising agency in west London. I had an appointment but she was obviously far too important to see me on time so I left and was black listed by the job agency. Well stuff her.... if she could see me now eh? sitting here watching escape to the sun.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:43 PM

Do you regret that Joe?
Yes and no, yes because where I would have been based was right below a beautiful mountain, but then would I have met all you lovely people on here, would I have met my lady friend - probably not, so although in part I regret it, I am content.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-03-2019, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Yes and no, yes because where I would have been based was right below a beautiful mountain, but then would I have met all you lovely people on here, would I have met my lady friend - probably not, so although in part I regret it, I am content.
Yes Joe, count our blessings eh?
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

22-03-2019, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
No. It serves no purpose.
Ok never mind.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
It was a big advertising agency in west London. I had an appointment but she was obviously far too important to see me on time so I left and was black listed by the job agency. Well stuff her.... if she could see me now eh? sitting here watching escape to the sun.
Yes, stupid woman!
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:48 PM

Yes I've wondered from time to time. If my folks had not moved to the mainland when I was just coming up to school age. Life on the islands was very different to the mainland and even though it was years ago I remember it well, I doubt I'd have left and would maybe have my own croft now.
Being right up in the north of the country It's similar land and way of life on the farms but it doesn't have the pull together sense that's out on the islands.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top