Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 09:37 PM

Re: A take on Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Unfortunately his conduct and orders resulted in a number of war crimes against the German civilians as a deliberate war strategy.
I'm afraid I'm unaware of these war crimes. Could you elaborate please?
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 09:45 PM

To be fair I believe that queen Victoria holds that title.
And now it's Queen Victoria who was the biggest mass murderer in history!

I look forward to seeing your evidence!
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm afraid I'm unaware of these war crimes. Could you elaborate please?
Let's start with Dresden which typifies the policy of deliberately attacking civilian centres.

Dresden was the most infamous, but the deliberate creation of firestorms over places such as Hamburg when the damage to strategic targets was way exceeded and deliberately aimed at civilians are widely known.

Note the deliberate and intentional attack of civilians as targets, make both Churchill along with "bomber" Harris war criminals up there with the worst.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 10:47 PM

And now it's Queen Victoria who was the biggest mass murderer in history!

I look forward to seeing your evidence!
The policies adopted by British colonists that included killing of indigenous people who got in the way yet were never brought before the courts in the UK because of the actual let alone tacit approval of Victoria and her Establishment is evidence enough that as head of the Establishment she was in a position to change things but did not and so must carry the can.

QED.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

24-03-2019, 10:49 PM

Let's start with Dresden which typifies the policy of deliberately attacking civilian centres.

Dresden was the most infamous, but the deliberate creation of firestorms over places such as Hamburg when the damage to strategic targets was way exceeded and deliberately aimed at civilians are widely known.

Note the deliberate and intentional attack of civilians as targets, make both Churchill along with "bomber" Harris war criminals up there with the worst.
Ah, I see.

So you're perfectly happy with Hitler deliberately bombing cities throughout Britain and, of course, that wonderful V2 weapon that arrived completely silently giving absolutely no warning of what was to happen.

That's nice.

Now, how about Queen Victoria. What did she keep under her skirt, I wonder? Poison gas? Bacterial weapons?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

24-03-2019, 10:59 PM

I didn't know about that, and I had no idea that he'd been banned from this forum! Uncle Len? Just out of interest, who was the Len who was Joe's other hero?

And, incidentally, I wonder why Mr Artful Todger hasn't (yet) accused Stalin of being the world's worst mass murderer!

Stalin was certainly a 24 carat SOB.

Not only did that arschloch use mass murder he also used highly focused murder for his political ends as a way of getting shot of former political colleagues.

Not much sympathy for Koba!

In spite of everything he was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize. That was where the wheels came loose on the Nobel peace prize committee but when that POS Arafat was awarded one the whole cart disintegrated with the remnants turned to dust after Hussein Obama got one.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Luckily for Great Britain, Hitler was a gentleman of the old school - a teetotaller celibate who loved children and dogs while being renowned for being kind to his servants .....
I hope your not being sarcastic omah.
We. will have. to. burn all the history books.

Best regards. Donkeyman.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

24-03-2019, 11:08 PM

Ah, I see.

So you're perfectly happy with Hitler deliberately bombing cities throughout Britain and, of course, that wonderful V2 weapon that arrived completely silently giving absolutely no warning of what was to happen.

That's nice.

Now, how about Queen Victoria. What did she keep under her skirt, I wonder? Poison gas? Bacterial weapons?
To be fair the deliberate bombing of civilian areas by the Axis didn't ever become SOP unlike the Brits. Indeed it was the proven accidental release of its bomb load by a German aircraft that gave Churchill the excuse he needed to start spilling innocent German blood. It is also on record they Her Shicklgruber specifically ordered that bombing was to avoid civilian areas and concentrate on strategic high value assets. what.

Editted to add :-

Obviously it didn't take much spilling of innocent Deutsches volk blut before it became a case of quid pro quo but it was Churchill wot started it guv.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 11:12 PM

It was deliberate bombing , as I’ve said it was total war, this means that the use by any means to achieve victory, it’s arguable that Dresden was a significant rail and communications city, it was in nazi Germany and therefore a legitimate target, it was also a show of force to Stalin, as the allies knew he would be trouble after the war..
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

24-03-2019, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
It was deliberate bombing , as I’ve said it was total war, this means that the use by any means to achieve victory, it’s arguable that Dresden was a significant rail and communications city, it was in nazi Germany and therefore a legitimate target, it was also a show of force to Stalin, as the allies knew he would be trouble after the war..
The Geneva Conventions were established in order to limit harm to noncombatants. Even if Dresden was a railway hub, which it wasn't to any extent, that did not justify the war crime of totally devastating an entire city and its inhabitants.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top