Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 04:13 PM

What time do you switch your TV on?

Or do you have no particular rules?

I've found that I'm not switching mine on until around 5pm, after I've had my tea. But going on the internet is one of the first things I do in the morning after I've had my coffee.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 04:17 PM

Re: What time do you switch your TV on?

My hubby puts the one in our bedroom on as he wakes.
I trot off to the kitchen and log on here sometimes. I never watch daytime TV. We also record most things, we are still watching series from 2017.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 04:25 PM

I know some people who cannot function without a TV in every room on all the time. Sad.

I watch TV for 20 minutes in the morning when I come in from work at 6.30 am for the news.
Other than that I watch The Chase at 5 pm and that's all I have time for.
If I record some programmes I might watch them at the weekend in the middle of the night when I can't sleep because my body clock is completely wrecked, and DVD box sets are a Godsend!
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 04:26 PM

Yes, I've got 168 recordings on my DVR that I haven't got round to watching; I've also got more recordings on an external HD.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

24-03-2019, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
I know some people who cannot function without a TV in every room on all the time. Sad.

I watch TV for 20 minutes in the morning when I come in from work at 6.30 am for the news.
Other than that I watch The Chase and that's all I have time for.
If I record some programmes I might watch them at the weekend in the middle of the night when I can't sleep because my body clock is completely wrecked, and DVD box sets are a Godsend!
Yes, a friend asked me why I didn't have a TV in my bedroom. Why bother? I replied. I only need one and I don't want to watch TV when I'm in bed.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 04:39 PM

Around 8PM to see what's on (if anything), then turn it off if there's nowt worth watching. Maybe set a programme to record so I can skim through it later to see if it's `my cup of tea`. If it isn't, it gets deleted.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Yes, a friend asked me why I didn't have a TV in my bedroom. Why bother? I replied. I only need one and I don't want to watch TV when I'm in bed.
A work colleague has type 2 diabetes and worked out that the main cause of it was watching TV in bed for hours. Since he got rid of it, his condition has improved a lot. He just sits downstairs all the time now instead!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 05:25 PM

8 am I turn it on to listen to the radio stations. Usually sit down to catch up on emmerdale at 10am and again when I have lunch I watch a bit of neighbours/home and away.

Next time I watch any rather than listen to the radio is about 9 pm.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 06:38 PM

My TV is turned on in the mornings to see on the news programmes what's been going on in the world, sometimes it's the radio stations for music and at other times there are some interesting television programmes on in the daytime, often better than the evening programmes that's for sure!

Some days, even if not being watched, it's on mainly just to make some background 'noise' as it's so quiet here. Not that I don't like either the peace and quiet or music at times, it usually just depends on my actual mood and what I want.

One thing's for sure though, I have my money's worth out of both the television and the television licence!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-03-2019, 06:48 PM

I switch mine on as soon as I get up. And keep it on for hours, especially if BBC has interesting documentaries after Breakfast.

Depending on my day’s activities it can then be turned on not long after 1, and gets switched off and on whenever I take the dog out walkies.

My tv is company, preferable to a radio.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top