Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2013, 02:56 PM

Re: A Case of The Plague Has Been Found

I only have very vague memories of our red squirrels but I don't remember them being thin and scruffy

I'm sure someone more informed than I will be able to tell you why you saw a skinny, dishevelled looking one
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2013, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by valice ->
Time to cull the grey squirrels, they are not native to Britain anyway.

My OH had a book I think written in the 30's which said that the Raccoon was more common here than the grey squirrel.
How times have changed, never seen a wild raccoon but plenty of grey squirrels.
I'd love to see a wild raccoon here! My sister used to have a family of them outside her house in the US. they were so entertaining. One stole a loaf of bread once & tried to drag it out the cat flap! Yes, I know they carry rabies but, so do meerkats.....
oaklands
New Member!
Isle of Wight
oaklands is female 

16-08-2013, 09:45 PM

There are only Red Squirrels on the Isle of Wight, they are lovely to watch running about the garden and eating the peanuts.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2013, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by oaklands ->
There are only Red Squirrels on the Isle of Wight, they are lovely to watch running about the garden and eating the peanuts.
We hired a holiday place on the Isle of Wight (I love it there) and after leaving the patio doors open, a red squirrel actually came in looking for food! Such pretty creatures.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top