Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 11:47 AM

Re: Coronavirus: I trust people's sense on face masks - Gove

Ministers urged to end face coverings 'confusion'
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53510631

Michael Gove was seen wearing a face mask when buying takeaway food on Tuesday, after being photographed not wearing one the previous week.

The government has been accused of mixed messaging over where people will have to wear face coverings when new rules come into force. They will be compulsory in shops in England from Friday - but full guidance is yet to be published.

Trade bodies and opposition MPs said confusion remained over takeaways. Minister Brandon Lewis said face coverings would be mandatory when purchasing takeaway food and drink, but not if you are eating at the premises.

A Department of Health spokesman said: "If a shop or supermarket has a cafe or a seating area to eat and drink, you can remove your face covering in that area."

However, Kate Nicholls, chief executive of UK Hospitality, said this contradicted what the industry had previously been told by the government and it was "very late in the day" for this to be confirmed.

The new regulations will only be published on Thursday, less than 24 hours before they come into effect.

The criticism came after Mr Hancock and Boris Johnson's official spokesman contradicted each other over the rules on takeaways and sandwich shops.

• The health secretary said last week: "You do need to wear a face mask in Pret because Pret is a shop. If there's table service, it is not necessary to have a mask. But in any shop, you do need a mask. So, if you're going up to the counter in Pret to buy takeaway that is a shop."
  • But the prime minister's spokesman later said: "We will be publishing the full guidance shortly but my understanding is that it wouldn't be mandatory if you went in, for example, to a sandwich shop in order to get a takeaway to wear a face covering."
Someone in BJ's administration ought to make sure that everyone gets the same hymn sheet .....

It's a shambles .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2020, 06:02 PM

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53513026

Full guidance on wearing face coverings in shops in England has been released, less than 12 hours before the new rules come into force.

Coverings will be mandatory in enclosed public spaces including supermarkets, indoor shopping centres, transport hubs, banks and post offices.

They must also be worn when buying takeaway food and drink, although they can be removed in a seating area.
That's settled that, then .....
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 09:40 AM

Hi

France are taking them seriously, you have to wear a 3 ply mask not a fabric one.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

As it will be mandatory for us to wear face masks when in a shop, we bought 5 (non renewable) today: 4 for Marge and 1 for me, as I intend to keep wearing the same one repeatedly on the grounds that I feel they are not necessary!
They’ll have all your spittle and any nasal discharge on them tho
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 11:44 AM

There is a town here that are giving face masks out to all their customers who don't have one on. If they refuse to wear it they are banned from the shop involved & other shops to, if they persist in refusing. Such a good idea.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

France are taking them seriously, you have to wear a 3 ply mask not a fabric one.
Possibly like many on here I had no idea about masks and that there are different kinds. I just bought five for when I go shopping and on seeing this post looked for more information on them. The link below shows the 3-ply mask and how to check if any you may have bought are genuine:

https://medium.com/@jayaone12345/how...s-332c4231a897
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
They’ll have all your spittle and any nasal discharge on them tho
I don't do spit and snot.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
There is a town here that are giving face masks out to all their customers who don't have one on. If they refuse to wear it they are banned from the shop involved & other shops to, if they persist in refusing. Such a good idea.
Perhaps they should hang this on their shop doors?

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	temperature.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	13344  
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2020, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Perhaps they should hang this on their shop doors?

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top