Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 04:03 PM

Re: Crime and Punishment

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi
An Enforcement Officer, I have a very different view to many.
Prison is not the answer, it costs a fortune and they just learn more Criminality when they are in there.
It is my view that 90% of prisoners should not be in Prison, it is a waste of time.
It is a badge of Honour for many, something to be bragged about.
Humiliation is the answer.
They are out everyday, dressed in Orange, in all Weathers, cleaning the Streets.
The chain gang.
You make them work locally, for all to see.
The 10% who need to be in Prison get sod all.
No TV, no Internet, Solitary and no remission at all.
Restricted visiting, behind Glass and communication by phone which is recorded.
They live in Faraday Cages, so a smuggled Mobile is useless.
Minimal Calorie Intake, no Gym and an hour a day exercise in their own.
Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Society has changed beyond recognition. Imprisonment in itself is not punishment which is the premise that has become adopted. But there are other measures that could pe imposed that would be very much more unpleasant for most crims than being banged up. Interference in their social lives being a big pain in the tuchas and weekend prison terms would work well as would community service and curfews. For under 18's imposing sanctions on their parent/s or guardians would also result in more attention being given to what their little scrotes are getting up to as well. Then there's the age of criminal responsibility. Never mind increasing it - reduce it. Six or at most seven makes much more sense as would be publishing names of kids, not withholding them.

But that's just a first step. The root cause is very bad parenting from parents who have no idea about what parents should do.
Absolutely, 100% agree with both of you on the highlighted parts of your posts. However, I can also see and hear the howls of anguish from the bleeding heart liberals how all these would diminish the crims' human rights. Bollox, I say, if they can't do the time, they shouldn't do the crime and what about the victims' human rights, eh? eh?

I reckon that a mugshot of all those convicted along with their crime and sentence should be published in the local area newspapers.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Absolutely, 100% agree with both of you on the highlighted parts of your posts. However, I can also see and hear the howls of anguish from the bleeding heart liberals how all these would diminish the crims' human rights. Bollox, I say, if they can't do the time, they shouldn't do the crime and what about the victims' human rights, eh? eh?

I reckon that a mugshot of all those convicted along with their crime and sentence should be published in the local area newspapers.
And posted in the local pubs??

Donkeyman! 👍👍👍
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 06:05 PM

I believe prisons should be horrible places, as already mentioned... no gym, TV, Internet along with all the other luxuries they get.

I read it costs approximately £35-000 a year to keep a prisoner locked up in the UK... I'm sure some scrupulous private enterprise could offer a Tender at £3-000 per year..... okay they may have to cut a few corners.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
I believe prisons should be horrible places, as already mentioned... no gym, TV, Internet along with all the other luxuries they get.

I read it costs approximately £35-000 a year to keep a prisoner locked up in the UK... I'm sure some scrupulous private enterprise could offer a Tender at £3-000 per year..... okay they may have to cut a few corners.
The cost is the all-up cost that include everything from building maintenance to toilet cleaner divided by the number of inmates. The basic per capita feed and water cost will be very much lower.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->

Cant we send all care home inmates to prison, and vice versa
for the prison inmates??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
What’s the point in catching them when the sentences are so derisory ?

That's the point isn't it. If the crims are going to get off so lightly then why bother chasing them, It all costs money.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That's the point isn't it. If the crims are going to get off so lightly then why bother chasing them, It all costs money.

Bit like dog theft.
Even if the police do bother to pursue it they only get a couple of hundred quid fine which must be well worth it if they've just sold the dog for a couple of thousand!
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2020, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Good grief just read my post and the spelling is atrocious, i can't type on my phone lol

Good job our brains can read even the worst of spelling. Sorry for my bad spelling
I should damn well think so. Conduct unbecoming for a Yorkshire lass.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2020, 11:11 AM

A large part of the problem, in my thinking, is that kids spend so much time "out on the streets".

It's always been so!

I can't blame parents, entirely, as there's always work to be gone to, money has to be earned to buy the food, pay the rent.

When both parents, or single parents, have to work long hours, who is going to be the Child's role model, the Child's friend?

Out on the street the kids are not always part of gangs but you only need to have one or two who cross the line and that might mean more do it to be "included".

I was young in that very environment (& was a hooligan), and only recovered after going into the MN.

Suddenly, like any of the forces, your role models & friends are very different. It can be a real change for the better.

I think National Service should return, for a start, but, maybe not as a fighting force?

I suspect that, if you could count them, there would be far fewer crims among ex service people than the rest!

Don't be quick to blame the parents.
You have to graft, in this world, if you want to survive.
Some inherit, have great schooling, great Roll Models, some don't!

Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-07-2020, 08:46 AM

There has been a very successful program here called LSV (Limited Service Volunteer) run by the defence forces. The results have been very good with very few failures.
https://www.workandincome.govt.nz/wo...teer.html#null

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top