Join for free
Page 21 of 21 « First < 11 19 20 21
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2017, 11:43 AM

Re: Have you taken any acid suppression medicines?

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Lindyloo, Thank You so, so much for your tip about taking apple cider vinegar!
After reading your post yesterday, l went straight out to Holland and Barrett and bought some cider vinegar. I took it in water and last night l slept soundly without the discomfort l have been suffering lately. My symptoms were so bad, they even tested me for Ovarian Cancer.
I have to say, l didn't know that there are different types of ACV and now after reading up about it, l wonder if l might have been better buying Organic 'mother' apple cider vinegar and not just the cider vinegar?
If you or anyone could advise, l would be most grateful.
I can't remember which brand of vinegar I used first, but that year I went on holiday to France - Normandy - and bought half a dozen bottles from there. They were just ordinary standard supermarket brand, but yes, I'd suggest you buy the best you can find. Staying calm and anxiety free is also important.......so lots of rest too.
All the very best of luck to you.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 01:37 PM

Hope this thread's helpful to those with tummy trouble! (Bakerman)
Don't know how to put a link.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 03:51 PM

Btw, my GP told me Ranitidine has been withdrawn! I believe it caused suicidal thoughts
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Btw, my GP told me Ranitidine has been withdrawn! I believe it caused suicidal thoughts
Ranitidine really helped me and I was very disappointed. But I've totally stopped taking anything and used anti histamines which have strangely enough worked. I haven't had IBS type symptoms since stopping gluten ten years ago. But my acid caused a chronic cough which went away with the allergy tablets. It's funny how you have try different things that you don't expect to work.

They do have different iterations of the ranitidine family still available as these did not get tarred with the same brush - cimetidine and famotidine. Not easy to find in the UK. I gave up. I hated omeprazole which also got rid of a cough another year. But I guess if you have a runny tummy they must be good as they created gridlock in my system!

I think a yeast free diet may be a good move. I also tried that and it was so tough at the time. Yeast is in everything we like to eat. But it's good to give the body a break from the stuff to see if it helps.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 09:52 PM

Regarding Apple Cider Vinegar, I would only use a good one like Braggs or Comvita.
The Comvita one also has Manuka Honey added.

It explains a little here about ordinary supermarket brands and the good stuff.

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...5?skuid=044298

Page 21 of 21 « First < 11 19 20 21

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top