Join for free
venus
Cheshire UK
venus is female  venus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 08:39 PM

Thought for the week

EXPLANATION WORKS FOR ME! - your thought for the week

Brains of older people are slow because they know so much. People do not decline mentally with age, it just takes them longer to recall facts because they have more information stored in their brains, scientists believe. Much like a computer struggles as the hard drive becomes more full, so humans also take longer to access information, it has been suggested.

Researchers say this slowing down is not the same as cognitive decline. The human brain works slower in old age, said Dr.. Michael Ramscar, but only because we have stored more information over time. The brains of older people do not get weak. On the contrary, they simply know more, but just may not be able to access the information..

Also, older people often go to another room to get something and when they get there, they stand there wondering what they came for. It is NOT a memory problem, it is nature's way of making older people do more exercise.

SO THERE!!
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 08:43 PM

Re: Thought for the week

Well that explanation works for me too Venus. Thanks for that.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2014, 08:59 PM

What a relief, I thought that I was getting senile.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-09-2014, 10:01 AM

I have often said that I have taken in that much information over the years that like a computer I need to delete some of its less useful information. I would then be quicker at answering questions.

See I was right

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top