Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 11:36 AM

Re: Cricket!!!!

I don't know why I am bothering to post this, but I suppose I am not the only one who finds cricket to be mind achingly & utterly boring. What am I missing?

Can I be treated, cos Golf & Tennis are also of no interest?

I have a certain interest in the pantomime that is American wrestling. I have rediscovered the chaos that is Roller Derby, recognising these last 2 are more entertainment than sport.

Incidentally, my dictionary reads

SPORT
an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

My dear departed grandfather used to say that sport was hunting, fishing & shooting. Everything else was a game.

But what do I know?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
You should be so lucky, major sport should all be shown on the BBC for all.
I disagree, sport should be on a Sport channel, just for those that want it.

Originally Posted by Robert Junior ->
I don't know why I am bothering to post this, but I suppose I am not the only one who finds cricket to be mind achingly & utterly boring. What am I missing?

Can I be treated, cos Golf & Tennis are also of no interest?

I have a certain interest in the pantomime that is American wrestling. I have rediscovered the chaos that is Roller Derby, recognising these last 2 are more entertainment than sport.

Incidentally, my dictionary reads

SPORT
an athletic activity requiring skill or physical prowess and often of a competitive nature, as racing, baseball, tennis, golf, bowling, wrestling, boxing, hunting, fishing, etc.

My dear departed grandfather used to say that sport was hunting, fishing & shooting. Everything else was a game.

But what do I know?
I agree with you Robert, sport is a complete anathema to me too, with cricket being perhaps the most mind numbingly boring of them all.

But to each his own I guess. :
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
My son is off to Edgbaston tomorrow, it should be a good day
Read in today"s paper that England are on fire, so he should enjoy an entertaining day. --lucky him.
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

30-07-2015, 01:56 PM

Mmmm; Broad and Ali are currently putting the Aussie Galahs to the sword.

Cricket could be a tad more fun if the pundits they used weren't such bores on test match special.

The guys on Guerillacricket.com Radio are hellishly funny!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 03:01 PM

Thank goodness for radio 5 extra,I refuse to pay for sky sports.

I love cricket, well I did play it for years albeit at a very lowly level. It`s a hard game.
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

30-07-2015, 05:21 PM

Hell's teeth; the Aussie bludgers don't like it up 'em, 117 - 6 in their second innings !
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 07:06 PM

Yippee. England have nearly won. I love you boys , you are super stars.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 07:12 PM

Never mind hawkeye-I remember soon after I finally quit; I was asked to umpire,well I knew the rules but maybe at square leg yelling `howzat` concerning a run out was not quite the done thing
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 12:56 AM

never loved cricket at all for years in UK - had a chance to play in Honkers but turned it down. It took moving to OZ to kindle it - it can of course be a very boring experience but one day cricket have set it on fire but now my choice is test cricket.

We are just teasing you now and giving you a chance - you have had too many thrashing particularly your last visit to OZ - remember?

but this match has seen some great bowling and fielding. I think the weather has put us off a bit!!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 09:42 AM

Amazing summer of cricket isn't it?
These antipodean chaps seem like good sorts

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top