Join for free
Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 11:03 AM

Re: Coronavirus: Test and Trace App.

If (here she goes again, big sigh) if you don't know the people you've contacted will 'they' put a big black cross on your front door and paste up your photo in wherever you've been asking if anyone recognises you? 'Did you have contact with this person on...'
Asking for a friend.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
If (here she goes again, big sigh) if you don't know the people you've contacted will 'they' put a big black cross on your front door and paste up your photo in wherever you've been asking if anyone recognises you? 'Did you have contact with this person on...'
Asking for a friend.
Exactly ..... the "contact" system is full of holes .....
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
What happens with the new app if:
a) You don't know the person or they don't have the app?
b) The person is a health worker or your GP or a nurse in a ward you're in for some other reason?
c) If a child or teacher gets it and the whole class has to self isolate after just going back to school?
Just a few of the questions I would like answered.
or you don't have a mobile phone? is the government going to give me one and pay for all the costs and charges for its use?

They have yet again gone off half cock without checking to see if absolutely everyone has a mobile phone
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2020, 01:08 PM

Unless they find a way to make everyone infected turn purple I can't see how we can protect ourselves.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2020, 01:04 PM

Government criticised over use of testing data

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52889103

Sir David Norgrove, the chairman of the UK's statistics watchdog, the UK Statistics Authority, has criticised the government over its handling of coronavirus testing data, saying that the presentation of figures appeared to be aimed at showing "the largest possible number of tests, even at the expense of understanding". He has written to Health Secretary Matt Hancock saying the information presented is "far from complete".

On Sunday Mr Hancock announced that the UK had exceeded its target to increase coronavirus testing capacity to 200,000 a day by the end of May. While capacity for testing is over 200,000, only around 115,000 tests were carried out in the 24 hours up to 09:00 BST on Sunday.

The headline total of tests adds together tests carried out with tests posted out. There are no data on how many of the tests posted out are then successfully completed.

It is not clear how many people were tested, however, and a person may need to have a few tests in order to get a result. The government stopped reporting that number recently.

The Government has not so far explained how many home test kits sent out to the public have actually been returned.
Shambolic testing, shambolic statistics and the highest coronavirus death rate in Europe while lockdown is not only relaxed but seemingly abused by tens of thousands of "pleasure-seekers" .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

03-06-2020, 02:14 PM

Coronavirus contact tracer 'paid to watch Netflix'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52904433
A contact tracer working on the NHS Test and Trace coronavirus scheme says she has not been asked to speak to anyone since beginning work last week.

The clinician told the BBC's Victoria Derbyshire she had worked 38 hours but had yet to make a single phone call and spent the time watching Netflix.

"I've had no contact from anyone. I've had no contact from supervisors. I've literally been on the system, refreshed the system, and entertained myself during that watching Netflix.

"I've just watched it alongside going back to the system, refreshing it, occasionally having to log back in because it's timed out. I have yet to have contact with anybody regarding contact tracing."

"Becky" told Victoria Derbyshire there seemed to be a lack of work for contact tracers

Anthony Costello is a professor of global health at University College London who formerly worked at the World Health Organization (WHO).

He told Victoria Derbyshire the Test and Trace system was unlikely to be picking up more than 30% of coronavirus cases and may be missing at least two-thirds of contacts.

"That's why your nurse has not had any calls. It is not fit for purpose yet. The worrying thing is can it ever be fit for purpose? " he said.
It's a shambles ..... Who's in charge ..... Oh, yeah ..... Dido ......
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

03-06-2020, 02:24 PM

Coronavirus: France's virus-tracing app 'off to a good start'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52905448

France's digital minister has said its coronavirus contact-tracing app has been downloaded 600,000 times since it became available on Tuesday afternoon.

StopCovid France is designed to prevent a second wave of infections by using smartphone logs to warn users if they have been near someone who later tested positive for the virus.

But a last-minute launch delay led some citizens to download the wrong product.

England has yet to confirm when its own app will roll out nationwide.

Health Secretary Matt Hancock had originally said it would be by 1 June, and then later suggested it would be around the middle of next week.

But the BBC has learned that it is now unlikely to be before 15 June and could be as late as July
Meanwhile, the dead pile up in the UK .....

I suppose Dido's busy at the Jockey Club preparing for the next "meeting" .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-06-2020, 10:44 PM

There were two articles in the paper the other day which might interest you.

The first was written by Jennifer Arcuri (the lady who was supposed to have been 'associated' with Boris a few months back if you remember.
She said:

" There is no way I would download that app."

The App, which may eventually hold data on millions of Brits, is set to be rolled across the UK after it's Isle of Wight trial.
Ms Arcuri raised her fears in an exclusive interview.

She said: " The government can say they're doing their best to keep it secure, there's just no guarantee it's 100% secure or the data is going to be kept secure, encrypted and used only for this.
"I don't think people should give away their freedoms."

Ms Arcuri's firm 'Hacker House' found glaring flaws in NHS cyber security in 2016. She said: " Anything like your personal health data in a government database being used in some obscure app just raises all kind of flags for me. It became very apparent that the NHS was ill-equipped for a cyber attack. I don't think Covid 19 is an effective way of using tech money or trying to cure one's health. I do not believe it is an acceptable use of government time, energy or money."

The second article was by one of the thousands of contact tracers being hired.
The insider said the firm 'Sitel' who are recruiting thousands of workers for the Government, are not asking for any proof of their background checks.

The man says: " It's so dangerous. We were sent a link to a firm called Giant Screening. We were told rather than choosing to send the check results back to to Sitel, we should have it sent to our own address.
"Since then, I've started work but not a single person has asked for proof. I could have a criminal record. And I've got access to all of these phone numbers."

Individuals can only apply for a basic DBS check, giving details of unspent criminal convictions or conditional cautions. Employers can carry out enhanced checks, which give a full criminal record history, as well as data on any cautions, reprimands and final warnings.
Barring Lists which show if an applicant is banned from working with vulnerable groups can only be accessed via an enhanced check.

This man said he had no idea it was an NHS role when he replied to Sitel's job advert. The post simply advertised a "customer services adviser" role.
The insider said "I thought it was a normal call centre job. The interview was 5 minutes."

Apparently Sitel did not respond to a request for comment.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

04-06-2020, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
There were two articles in the paper the other day which might interest you.

The first was written by Jennifer Arcuri (the lady who was supposed to have been 'associated' with Boris a few months back if you remember.
She said:

" There is no way I would download that app."

The second article was by one of the thousands of contact tracers being hired.
The insider said the firm 'Sitel' who are recruiting thousands of workers for the Government, are not asking for any proof of their background checks.

Apparently Sitel did not respond to a request for comment.
Shocking .....
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow

04-06-2020, 12:26 AM

Testing chart mysteriously disappears from Downing Street's daily briefing - Dido Harding refuses to reveal how many tests are completed within 24 hours

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...=1490&ito=1490
The disappearance of the graph, which gives a day-by-day count of how many tests are being done, is the latest in a string of shambles in Britain's testing strategy.

It has now been 12 days since the Department revealed the number of people it has tested in a day or in total.
Dido Harding (finally) appeared in front of health committee MPs today and was quizzed about the NHS test and trace system, which launched Thursday. She declined to give any statistics about how well it has performed so far.

Mr Hunt said he was 'disappointed' because he had given advance notice of the questions she would be asked.

When Dido Harding could not say the overall proportion of coronavirus swab tests that are completed within 24 hours, Mr Hunt cut in: 'You must know that; that just can't be right.

'You're telling me you don't actually know how may tests come back within 24 hours and you're in charge of NHS test and trace?'

Earlier in the meeting Dido Harding had refused to reveal
  • what proportion of people who tested positive were contacted by tracers within 24 hours
  • what proportion of them were successfully contacted
  • what proportion were willing to share details about their close contacts
  • what proportion of the contacts were willing to self-isolate when they were asked to do so.
Echoes of her notorious response, during the 2015 TalkTalk cyber-attack (in which personal and banking details of up to four million customers are thought to have been accessed), when asked if the affected customer data was encrypted or not, she replied: "The awful truth is that I don’t know".

The woman is either stupid or incompetent .....

Page 3 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top