Join for free
Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 08:30 PM

Re: BOE Prepared for NO DEAL!! HOORAY!!

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
In your opinion farage was the sole exception on all other meps? So unique a man, and still thrown out!

Frans timmermans is now the executive vice president. You call that moved up.

Farage got thrown out ?

He had the biggest single party in the EU Parliament - as for Timmermans he got trampled over by von der leyen because the last thing germany wanted was the dutch in charge. That would be the tail wagging the dog.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Farage got thrown out ?

He had the biggest single party in the EU Parliament - as for Timmermans he got trampled over by von der leyen because the last thing germany wanted was the dutch in charge. That would be the tail wagging the dog.
Yep.

There were elections. The best woman for the job got it, not because she is a woman, but she is better than the men running for the job. Get used to that happening.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 08:42 PM

Yep.

There were elections. The best woman for the job got it, not because she is a woman, but she is better than the men running for the job. Get used to that happening.
she wasn't even on the ballot and only won by 7 nominations (52% / 48% funnily enough,).

Timmermans was way in the lead until Merkel decided that she didn't want a Dutch man in charge Instead you got the most unpopular German Minister as the most unpopular appointed leader

... only in the EU
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2020, 09:01 PM

she wasn't even on the ballot and only won by 7 nominations (52% / 48% funnily enough,).

Timmermans was way in the lead until Merkel decided that she didn't want a Dutch man in charge Instead you got the most unpopular German Minister as the most unpopular appointed leader

... only in the EU
Nice fabel, but timmermans got stonewalled by the eastern europe members because in the past he had forced them to take their share in housing of refugees instead of letting them travel on to britain.
Merkel abstained from voting, as you could have known.

I would advise you to look for facts more often. It increases your stature in debating. Now you're more of a pupil to me, still learning.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

30-06-2020, 09:04 PM

Nice fabel, but timmermans got stonewalled by the eastern europe members because in the padt he had forced to to take their share in housing of refugees instead of letting them travel on to britain.
Merkel abstained from voting, as you could have known.

I would advise you to look for facts more often. It increases your stature in debating. Now you're more of a pupil to me, still learning.

I have looked at the facts

Its you crying into your beer because your man got sidelined in favour of the most unpopular German

Never mind eh
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

30-06-2020, 09:13 PM

I have looked at the facts

Its you crying into your beer because your man got sidelined in favour of the most unpopular German

Never mind eh
The previous man you designated sidelined is at the moment talking to frost.

Just like I believe you need the best person on the job, irrespective of gender, I also think nationality is not the determining factor. Or do you differ in opinion?
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

30-06-2020, 09:23 PM

The previous man you designated sidelined is at the moment talking to frost.

Just like I believe you need the best person on the job, irrespective of gender, I also think nationality is not the determining factor. Or do you differ in opinion?

Yes thats why a German got the job - even though she wasn't even on the ballot.

Timmermans is her bag man. He's good at that.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

30-06-2020, 09:36 PM

Yes thats why a German got the job - even though she wasn't even on the ballot.

Timmermans is her bag man. He's good at that.
You seem to know that job well, to be able to judge whether somebody is good at it
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom

30-06-2020, 09:38 PM

You seem to know that job well, to be able to judge whether somebody is good at it

Never done it in my life but timmermans looks a natural.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

30-06-2020, 09:57 PM

Never done it in my life but timmermans looks a natural.
Then you must be a natural observer.

Page 6 of 6 « First < 4 5 6

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top