Join for free
Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 11:20 PM

Re: To Make You Smile?

*** Posts have been removed, stay on topic please.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
The Political Declaration is a wish list. That's all my friend. It's completely meaningless and unenforceable.
It's not meaningless, the Political Declaration accompanies the Withdrawal Agreement, and sets out the framework for the future relationship between the European Union and the United Kingdom.

It establishes the parameters of an ambitious, broad, deep and flexible partnership across trade and economic cooperation with a comprehensive and balanced Free Trade Agreement at its core, law enforcement and criminal justice, foreign policy, security and defence and wider areas of cooperation.

The Declaration also states that safeguards on a level playing field should ensure a future relationship based on open and fair competition.
Takahashi
United Kingdom
Takahashi is male  Takahashi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
It's not meaningless, the Political Declaration accompanies the Withdrawal Agreement, and sets out the framework for the future relationship between the European Union and the United Kingdom.

It establishes the parameters of an ambitious, broad, deep and flexible partnership across trade and economic cooperation with a comprehensive and balanced Free Trade Agreement at its core, law enforcement and criminal justice, foreign policy, security and defence and wider areas of cooperation.

The Declaration also states that safeguards on a level playing field should ensure a future relationship based on open and fair competition.

I'll make it easy for you but this is my last attempt. From Reuters.
Here goes. Second paragraph, last sentence. You're welcome.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKBN23G1MS
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2020, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Takahashi ->
I'll make it easy for you but this is my last attempt. From Reuters.
Here goes. Second paragraph, last sentence. You're welcome.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-b...-idUSKBN23G1MS
What part of my post # 75 didn't you understand?

From a simple dictionary: (Collins)
The*signing of*a*document*is the act of*writing*your name to*indicate*that you*agree*with what it*says
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2020, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
What part of my post # 75 didn't you understand?

From a simple dictionary: (Collins)
The*signing of*a*document*is the act of*writing*your name to*indicate*that you*agree*with what it*says
From the point of logic a signed document can and should be meaningful but has not to be legally binding. So there is no contradiction.

The PD is kind of a letter of intend, not legally binding but ethically or from the point of being trustworthy it is meaningful.

No gordian knot so far
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

11-07-2020, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
From the point of logic a signed document can and should be meaningful but has not to be legally binding. So there is no contradiction.

The PD is kind of a letter of intend, not legally binding but ethically or from the point of being trustworthy it is meaningful.

No gordian knot so far
Takahashi stated the the PD is unenforcible. I didn't deny that, but stated it is at least a gentlemen's agreement.
Even if not enforcible before a court, a gentleman feels honour bound to comply with documents he put his signature on.

Page 9 of 9 « First < 7 8 9

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top