Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 03:11 PM

London brexit talks end early too ??

The non negotiations appear to be going well so far as the the
London talks have just ended early in a similar manner to last
weeks talks in Brussells.
We should now cease these useless talks completely imo as we
are just wasting more time which could be used more fruitfully
on other things particularly with all the covid problems at the
the moment?
We cant afford to continue to subsidise the EU any further so
just pull out now, we don need a so called deal??

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 03:25 PM

Re: London brexit talks end early too ??

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
the moment?

Donkeyman! 👎👎👎
Donks, you mix up two different issues. The transition period is set in the withdrawal agreement, and ends 31 december 2020. Not after, and not before that date. So if the informal discussions and formal negotiations stop end of july, you still remain in transition, and keep paying your monthly membership dues till the end of this year.

The transition period, theresa may called it the adaptation period, is meant for the UK to prepare for the new situation. The new trade deal is just one in a myriad of adaptations required.You could use it e.g. to solve the present problems with the irish border. These should be solved by the end of transition.
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...sing-irish-sea
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a9609031.html
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 03:37 PM

I see that our favourite alleged criminal boss of the European Central Bank has been talking to the Financial Times about how bad things are going to get for the EU unless it signs an FTA with us.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...it-trade-talks
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
the moment?
Yes, I completely agree.

There is no point in continuing any discussions as there is not going to be any agreement on anything.

I see it this way. I'm not sure whether there is any obligation for us to continue a nominal 'transition' period if there are to be no further discussions. Why should we continue to pay to be members of this corrupt organisation when it is of no benefit to us?

No. We should just walk away now and save not only our valuable time, but also our badly needed money.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I completely agree.

There is no point in continuing any discussions as there is not going to be any agreement on anything.

I see it this way. I'm not sure whether there is any obligation for us to continue a nominal 'transition' period if there are to be no further discussions. Why should we continue to pay to be members of this corrupt organisation when it is of no benefit to us?

No. We should just walk away now and save not only our valuable time, but also our badly needed money.
Precisely.

I can see M. Barnier going back to his masters and mistresses in Brussels and saying something along the lines of, " Sorry, bosses, it's that damned Frost. I tried and tried but he just wouldn't take the knee to me and kowtow to my demands, sorry, reasonable requests."
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
I see that our favourite alleged criminal boss of the European Central Bank has been talking to the Financial Times about how bad things are going to get for the EU unless it signs an FTA with us.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/13...it-trade-talks
Percy, percy. I did warn you before about the DE. This article refers to lagarde's interview with the ft. She said, in regard of the EU's green economy, that an overhaul of principles and practices should be discussed. She even said there are things more important than trade, e.g. social cohesion.
The rest of the DE article is statement, reports, on the previous round of negotiations and the untimely end. So, in total, the article old news an no news. Irrelevant, as usual.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

09-07-2020, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I completely agree.

Yes, in the international agreement the UK signed up to. The membership payments end on 31 december 2020. The other payments of course continue.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

09-07-2020, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Precisely.

I can see M. Barnier going back to his masters and mistresses in Brussels and saying something along the lines of, " Sorry, bosses, it's that damned Frost. I tried and tried but he just wouldn't take the knee to me and kowtow to my demands, sorry, reasonable requests."
I totally agree. If you are not prepared to move, you shouldn't negotiate, it's useless. As you know, in the previous round barnier signalled being prepared to move. The UK wasn't, so why travel to brussels next week? Who are you kidding?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2020, 04:31 PM

Hi

There is a reason we are not walking away now.

https://www.businessinsider.com/leak...20-7?r=US&IR=T

At PMQ yesterday the ERG got upset that Boris did not answer a direct question.

The ERG are the Tory Brexiteers.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

09-07-2020, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

There is a reason we are not walking away now.

https://www.businessinsider.com/leak...20-7?r=US&IR=T

At PMQ yesterday the ERG got upset that Boris did not answer a direct question.

The ERG are the Tory Brexiteers.
Untill now boris never answered a pmq question, and it didn't upset jrm or his research group. Was this one about the leaked truss lettre?
It has been suggested elsewhere that the HMRC system not working now and not by the end of the year, indicates boris' expects to get a trade deal (last minute).

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top