Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 05:49 PM

Re: Scrap it

Originally Posted by 7779311 ->
Maybe only I don't see it but when I read
"The issues include the Northern Ireland Protocol, the right of EU citizens, the controversial £39billion divorce payment, future financial liabilities, EU data protection laws, EU geographical indications of origin which are not reciprocal, and provisions relating to UK sovereign bases in countries like Cyprus."

what specifically (at least one or two details would have been nice) do they mean?

And besides, did nobody read it before debating for months and months and finally signing?

[UPDATE]: I could not (as usual) find another newspaper with that news about the pills in the WA except the Express.

Hm... I think we can ignore that news, it is click bait.
I never thought I'd live to see the DE being sorry for leaving the EU. How singularly satisfying!
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
I never thought I'd live to see the DE being sorry for leaving the EU. How singularly satisfying!
Oh! I just scanned the article for details and did not read it very thoroughly. Which statement made you think the DE regrets Brexit?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 06:11 PM

Oh! I just scanned the article for details and did not read it very thoroughly. Which statement made you think the DE regrets Brexit?
I had hoped a DE reader would have come out with that question, but you beat them to it. I made a remark in the style and spirit the DE is reporting. it was not directed at you
Germany
7779311 is male  7779311 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 07:11 PM

I had hoped a DE reader would have come out with that question, but you beat them to it. I made a remark in the style and spirit the DE is reporting. it was not directed at you
This is the second time that a news seems to be only present in the DE. I have very little experience with that newspaper but is it possible, that they make things up for click bait?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 08:02 PM

This is the second time that a news seems to be only present in the DE. I have very little experience with that newspaper but is it possible, that they make things up for click bait?
You should see some of their weather predictions Frank....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2020, 08:07 PM

Perhaps you have only looked in left-wing newspapers?
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

13-07-2020, 08:36 PM

The DE is the (s)trumpet of the tories. One could mistake the DE reporting for stupidity, but it isn't. It tries to give all the tories actions a positive twist. Like in the present article. They take the problems raked up by marc francois about the trade deal. Barnier redirected him to the WA. Obviously, brexiteers had ignored, denied the points unsavoury for them. E.g. that the ECJ keeps jurisdiction in the UK, after transition. Or that the UK loses acces to vital information to keep criminals out. Problems about the borders are stacking up, so time to face up and stop denying. Instead the DE starts about the negotiations about the WA and halfway the article they move to the present, trade deal, negotiations. It's clever, and most of all, aimed at brexiteers to keep away from the fact that they have been fooled for four years.
It is only human that brexiteers believe the DE. It is very frightening to admit, even to oneself, they were able to dupe you all that time.
Germany

13-07-2020, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
You should see some of their weather predictions Frank....
Haha, I rather won't
Germany

13-07-2020, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Perhaps you have only looked in left-wing newspapers?
I regularly visit the independent and the guardian to get an overview about Brexit development.
Germany

13-07-2020, 09:26 PM

The DE is the (s)trumpet of the tories. One could mistake the DE reporting for stupidity, but it isn't. It tries to give all the tories actions a positive twist. Like in the present article. They take the problems raked up by marc francois about the trade deal. Barnier redirected him to the WA. Obviously, brexiteers had ignored, denied the points unsavoury for them. E.g. that the ECJ keeps jurisdiction in the UK, after transition. Or that the UK loses acces to vital information to keep criminals out. Problems about the borders are stacking up, so time to face up and stop denying. Instead the DE starts about the negotiations about the WA and halfway the article they move to the present, trade deal, negotiations. It's clever, and most of all, aimed at brexiteers to keep away from the fact that they have been fooled for four years.
It is only human that brexiteers believe the DE. It is very frightening to admit, even to oneself, they were able to dupe you all that time.
Thank you for your explanations. Luckily today decent people counter check dubious news by reading multiple news sites. So they don't fall for too weird stuff.

Honestly I cannot imagine that the UK gov really asks the EU to reopen the WA just because they have to hide the fact that they promised too much and need a scapegoat now.
(One question: where in this last sentence would one put correct commas?)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top