Join for free
Page 16 of 22 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2013, 09:10 PM

Re: Who is God?

Watch this VT, and then have another think about God, this man truly believes and look at his lot.

This is humbling
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2013, 09:27 PM

He is an inspiration to us all Arthur, marvelous man.
hazel
Lancashire U.K.
hazel is female  hazel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2013, 09:33 PM

I don't think there's anything you can say.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2013, 09:38 PM

Worth watching .
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
Watch this VT, and then have another think about God, this man truly believes and look at his lot.

This is humbling
Arthur matey, back in the 1950s I was a member of a youth club that linked up with Chailey Heritage hospital - a children's home for children damaged by thalidimide. There was one young lad, who like the man in the VT was born without proper limbs. Obviously he was unable to play games with us as such, but he was the score - keeper when we played cricket. He wrote with a pencil in his mouth. Such beautiful Copper-plate script. I sometimes think of him and wonder what happened to him.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->

This is humbling
But if God is benevolent - why would he allow that to happen in the first place? Would you have made a choice for one of your children to be born like that?
Marcus
pittsburgh,USA
Marcus is male  Marcus has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by hazel ->
I don't think there's anything you can say.
I marvel at this man's gusto for life. Good day Hazel. It has been awhile but I am returning. Had 2 operations since Feb.
both on my eyes and now am waiting for both to heal.
Cataracts and 'puckers'..doctors' terminology which translates
to a swelling behind the retina. Now putting eye drops in eye and waiting for next doctor's visit in 2 weeks. Otherwise, life
goes on.....how have you been? What's the latest ...if any?
Will check back later. Have a good day Hazel, Cheeriooooo.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 09:50 AM

I think he is an amazing man, but I fail to see why it would make me or anyone else "have another think about God."
Being horrendously crippled from birth and learning to cope with that and transcend it seems to me a particularly human characteristic, but not related to religion in any way. If he finds religion a comfort, good for him - it is still supremely irrelevant to me.
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I think he is an amazing man, but I fail to see why it would make me or anyone else "have another think about God."
Being horrendously crippled from birth and learning to cope with that and transcend it seems to me a particularly human characteristic, but not related to religion in any way. If he finds religion a comfort, good for him - it is still supremely irrelevant to me.
I'm inclined to agree with you Mick. I have a friend who was diagnosed with Crohn's at age 18 and she then developed MS at the age of 21. She is a total athiest but one of the most pleasant, happy people I have ever met and tries her utmost not to let her conditions stop her from living a good and happy life.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2013, 09:58 AM

I can't understand why people blame God for the mistakes of men. It was men who produced the drug. I don't hear many saying how good God is when a life saving drug is produced.
It is just taken for granted that it's men and science.

Page 16 of 22 « First < 6 14 15 16 17 18 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top