Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 09:29 AM

Adopting a Senior Pet

George Clooney says how 'age does not matter' when adopting a pet .

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...enior-pet.html
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 09:37 AM

Re: Adopting a Senior Pet

Good for George Cloony
We have The Oldies Club here..
http://www.oldies.org.uk/category/do...he-oldies-club

If I had the money I would have a house full of pets including the elderly my only deterrent is the vets bills which are exorbitant these days.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 09:57 AM

The vets bills are off the planet in the UK .

Good for George not much wrong with a man who has compassion for animals .
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 10:06 AM

I have taken on a few older animals but not dogs. They cost
so much at the Vets.

The Vets bills would be a lot smaller if the 20% VAT wasn't
added to them. Why should we pay VAT on the Vets bills?

I think we should start a petition to either have it cut down
from 20% or taken off altogether. What do you think?????
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 10:07 AM

I adopted Nancy an old cat three and a half years ago and this year I adopted an other old cat Vinnie .
I can honestly say they hve been a joy since day one and I would have no hestitation in recommending adopting older animals .
Vey often rescues will pay the vet bills for these animals for the rest of their lives as they know it is very often only in the later stages of life that vet visits are necessary .
I wish more peiople would consider the oldies as they are so easy to look after and bring so much joy .
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
I have taken on a few older animals but not dogs. They cost
so much at the Vets.

The Vets bills would be a lot smaller if the 20% VAT wasn't
added to them. Why should we pay VAT on the Vets bills?

I think we should start a petition to either have it cut down
from 20% or taken off altogether. What do you think?????

Whilst I was reading the article on George I thought if a pensioner wanted to adopt a senior animal, you would think that to enable them to adopt, reducing the vets bills would encourage more.

It should not always be about money
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Whilst I was reading the article on George I thought if a pensioner wanted to adopt a senior animal, you would think that to enable them to adopt, reducing the vets bills would encourage more.

It should not always be about money
Those in receipt of some benefits can get help from the PDSA , those who are not on benefits but on a small income can't.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 10:54 AM

I love oldies really miss my old girls but when we looked at getting the latest two we went for puppies as we can't adopt because we live in a flat with no garden. Last adoption we did we had to travel to Birmingham and we didn't fancy such a long journey this time. If rescues actually allowed people who have a proven record of looking after their dogs well to adopt instead of having strict rules perhaps more would be adopted.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 11:31 AM

Rupert the rescue cat had to be put to sleep last week, his kidneys were packing up and other things, the in laws got him from the rescue centre after he had been badly mistreated was skin and bone and not very trusting.

He finally had a good life, had big fields to wander around in and to fetch presents back from. When mum in law died he kept trying to find her, his ashes are now scattered with hers.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
I adopted Nancy an old cat three and a half years ago and this year I adopted an other old cat Vinnie .
I can honestly say they hve been a joy since day one and I would have no hestitation in recommending adopting older animals .
Vey often rescues will pay the vet bills for these animals for the rest of their lives as they know it is very often only in the later stages of life that vet visits are necessary .
I wish more peiople would consider the oldies as they are so easy to look after and bring so much joy .
I could happily do just that Abbey but I have lost so many animals over the years and I find it so distressing I just could'nt do it. I suppose that makes me selfish. As it is I'm dreading anything happening to my little Abby.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top