Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 11:19 AM

Re: What’s your favourite childhood memory?

Originally Posted by Ciderman ->
Strange that you should mention bananas Ted. On VE day I was sitting on my grandad's shoulders amongst a huge crowd at Marble Arch in London when a chap in an army uniform tapped me and said "Yal be awright now lad! You'll be able to have a banana!"
Yes, we all went "Bananas!"

Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 12:59 PM

Re: What’s your favourite childhood memory?

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Going camping with our family, getting a quarter a day for spending money and going to the beach store to buy penny candy. We’d get little paper bags and get to pick 3 for 1 penny blackballs, strawberry melts, jelly beans, sour balls, sweet tarts, mint jellies, malt balls, foiled chocolate pennies etc....
We’d have to walk down the beach to get to the beach store and walk back and it was a fun thing to do with my brothers.

Oh yes, going down to the village shop and Post Office to spend my pocket money on sweets. I think I used to drive the shop girl crazy by pointing at everything behind the glass screen saying, one of those please, then spending ages before saying two of those please.

It used to take me ages to spend my six (old) pence on chews at four a penny, or a tube of refreshers for tuppence.

We were allowed one sweet after lunch at home, and my brother and I would sometimes swap a few of our purchases if we could come to a mutual agreement.

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top