Join for free
Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 11:04 PM

Re: The Assassination Letter (Vote of no confidence for May)

Originally Posted by Realist ->
This all smells like a bit of a set up to me.

Pretence of a lack of confidence in the PM, in order to trigger a confidence vote, presumably knowing full well she would win the vote.

That done no-one can touch her for another 12 months!

Nicely done !

So now she can extend Article 50 and continue this utter BS betrayal for another 12 months and she can't be voted out.

This is the kind of skulduggery these EU stooges have been doing for the past 40 years.
You're probably the most cynical person I have ever come across, but entertaining.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-12-2018, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
You're probably the most cynical person I have ever come across, but entertaining.
And probably right.......
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 12:44 AM

This all smells like a bit of a set up to me.

Pretence of a lack of confidence in the PM, in order to trigger a confidence vote, presumably knowing full well she would win the vote.

That done no-one can touch her for another 12 months!

Nicely done !

So now she can extend Article 50 and continue this utter BS betrayal for another 12 months and she can't be voted out.

This is the kind of skulduggery these EU stooges have been doing for the past 40 years.
That sounds perfectly feasible to me.

The last remaining hope for our ultimate freedom from the EU is an overall rejection of her deal in the Commons.

If that happens, it's up to her. As her fellow traitors have managed to keep her in position for another year, she can do what she wants - subject to agreement of Parliament.

Eventually, and at the latest when the next GE comes along, she will be gone...
and the rest of her party with her!

I have, earlier today, emailed my (Conservative) MP and informed her that if May's deal is not rejected I shall not be voting Conservative again.

I have a distinct feeling that I shall not be alone.

What she (and her slimy supporters) have accomplished is to ensure that either we shall end up remaining under the rule of the EU or Compo and the Loony Party will form the next government...

or both.

In any case, it looks like the country's had it after all. That will be her condemnation.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
In any case, it looks like the country's had it after all. That will be her condemnation.
Sadly the country right now is in the hands of the EU masters and the stooges they have placed in our government.

The farce being played out is just a circus side show nothing more. It's a media dance. There is absolutely no intention of allowing us to Leave the EU.

It's going to be up to the many millions of decent Brits to put this right. They are going to have to amass in their millions and protest at Westminster or elsewhere. We can't have such a corrupt and blatant undemocratic government or political system in place. It has to be changed.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 01:40 AM

Sadly the country right now is in the hands of the EU masters and the stooges they have placed in our government.

The farce being played out is just a circus side show nothing more. It's a media dance. There is absolutely no intention of allowing us to Leave the EU.

It's going to be up to the many millions of decent Brits to put this right. They are going to have to amass in their millions and protest at Westminster or elsewhere. We can't have such a corrupt and blatant undemocratic government or political system in place. It has to be changed.
You may well be right. It's a fair bet that we have lost two things, thanks to May:

- our independence as a nation;

- our democracy.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 04:41 AM

Hi

Voting for Corbyn is rather idiotic if you wish to leave the EU.

Corbyn wants to remain in the Single Market, which is worse than May's proposal and you would be voting for Marxism.

That really is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

The important thing is to leave, continuing to argue about how we leave is merely going to give more chance of us staying in.

This constant infighting is costing us money and giving the EU even more money is wrong.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 11:57 AM

I can only reiterate what Realist and JB have already said....

I was so disappointed to learn of Theresa May's success in fending off her vote of no confidence. What ever happened to the words:- "Brexit means Brexit"...? For the past couple of years, Mrs May and her advisers have been pussy footing around trying to give us the impression that we were leaving the EU, when in reality this was never the intention, just a massive deflection exercise to pacify the masses.

I was about to say that Mrs May has sold us down the river, but you have to own something in order to sell it, and it was never hers to sell. Britain has belonged to the EU for many years and it's tentacles have penetrated all of our lives.
I doubt we could survive without it now......

Big business has won the day, money talks, and many a good politician has succumbed to its temptation, but to the common working class people of Britain you have lost your country and everything it stood for....Freedom and Democracy...

We are to become a very small cog in the EU's gearbox where money is the oil...
I hate to say it, but my future vote will go to the BNP.....I am a British National and my vote will demonstrate that fact. The time for discussion is over.....
itsme
Wigan UK
itsme is male  itsme has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

I was so disappointed to learn of Theresa May's success in fending off her vote of no confidence. What ever happened to the words:- "Brexit means Brexit"...? For the past couple of years, Mrs May and her advisers have been pussy footing around trying to give us the impression that we were leaving the EU, when in reality this was never the intention, just a massive deflection exercise to pacify the masses.

I was about to say that Mrs May has sold us down the river, but you have to own something in order to sell it, and it was never hers to sell. Britain has belonged to the EU for many years and it's tentacles have penetrated all of our lives.

Big business has won the day, money talks, and many a good politician has succumbed to its temptation, but to the common working class people of Britain you have lost your country and everything it stood for....Freedom and Democracy...

I hate to say it, but my future vote will go to the BNP.....I am a British National and my vote will demonstrate that fact. The time for discussion is over.....
And that long streak of ---- Hogg after slagging off the, as he called them 'remoaners' then goes on the tele saying she only won by 58 votes!!!!! and does not agree with it. Talk about being 2 faced!!!! unbelievable!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-12-2018, 12:16 PM

I agreed all to the point of voting BNP if you think they are a party can help in any way you are very wrong, don't mistake the British in the title to be anything we should be voting for. They stole the title to hide their racism behind.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

13-12-2018, 12:49 PM

I believe that May and her acolytes may have shot themselves in the foot.

They have engendered even more ill-feeling for the Conservative party than existed before.

Why is she trying to keep us in the EU (in all but name)? Because she's looking after businessmen and employers. Apparently, that's what most of them want.

In doing this, she is increasing the likelihood of the Tories being voted out at the next GE, and Labour waiting to take their place.

Is that really what businessmen want?

I, too, shall never vote Conservative again. In my constituency, the only party which could be elected (other than the Tories) is the Limp Dems, and if they get in the Tories are out.

This is even more important to me because my local MP is one of the Tories who supported May.

Page 5 of 7 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top