Join for free
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 02:03 PM

Robert Carrier's Kitchen

Remember Carrier's kitchen ?

It was a series of TV programs and monthly magazines in 1980, we collected all the recipe magazines which totalled 120, . . a massive archive of how to cook dishes from all over the world.

I've got them in 9 - A4 sized ring binders, there's a total of 2,888 pages with photos and methods of preparing every type of dish you could imagine. After they issued the last edition you could buy a bound index to make it easier to locate the type of dish you want to cook. The photos are superb and so is the food.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 02:27 PM

Re: Robert Carrier's Kitchen

I remember Robert Carrier. he must have been one of the first TV chefs.
Very suave.
I don't remember anything about his recipes though
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 02:43 PM

Whilst rummaging in the back cupboard getting these out I discovered a long lost plethora of cook books, one of them must be from a long lost relative, it's ancient, the binding's all worn but there's some really old recipes in it.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-10-2009, 07:32 PM

I have a set of cookery cards, you used to buy them every month, can't remember what they were called without looking. There was a lovely recipe for boiled fruit cake which went down a storm when we ran Afghan Racing.
Tillytots33
New Member!
Hampshire. Uk.
Tillytots33 is female 

28-10-2018, 01:08 PM

Many years ago my old boss used to bring her files to work. I remember making a chocolate layer cake/ gatautin a loaf tin. It was bournville chocolate that was grated and melted with milk and something but I don’t remember what and then later with sponge fingers and whipped cream. Probably 2 or 3 layers and left in the fridge to set for s day or so. Would you happen to know this recipe? Many thanks
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-10-2018, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tillytots33 ->
Many years ago my old boss used to bring her files to work. I remember making a chocolate layer cake/ gatautin a loaf tin. It was bournville chocolate that was grated and melted with milk and something but I don’t remember what and then later with sponge fingers and whipped cream. Probably 2 or 3 layers and left in the fridge to set for s day or so. Would you happen to know this recipe? Many thanks
Hello Tillytots can I point out this is an old thread so you may not get a response from the original thread starter .

I have some Robert Carrier recipes in my folder and see if it is among them.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top