Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 06:50 AM

I don't trust my doctor

for a number of years I have had terrible bowel trouble, but no G.I Dr. has been able to diagnose it.

Several weeks ago I asked him to do a procedure to check for yeast over-growth. Today he said there was no yeast over growth.

He then asked if I wanted a colonoscopy ? That would be a the 3rd one in 5 years. I asked him why he would suggest that again, and he said he would do 4 or 5 biopsies. Allegedly to look for microscopic colitis.

Each time they do a procedure, it is to look for yet something else. I don't know why those so-called-experts don't do it all at the same time and thus save me a great deal of suffering and time.

Personally, I believe that if they could ever cure me, they would lose a patient and several thousand dollars.

I don't trust them one tiny bit.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 08:36 AM

Re: I don't trust my doctor

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
for a number of years I have had terrible bowel trouble, but no G.I Dr. has been able to diagnose it.

Several weeks ago I asked him to do a procedure to check for yeast over-growth. Today he said there was no yeast over growth.

He then asked if I wanted a colonoscopy ? That would be a the 3rd one in 5 years. I asked him why he would suggest that again, and he said he would do 4 or 5 biopsies. Allegedly to look for microscopic colitis.

Each time they do a procedure, it is to look for yet something else. I don't know why those so-called-experts don't do it all at the same time and thus save me a great deal of suffering and time.

Personally, I believe that if they could ever cure me, they would lose a patient and several thousand dollars.

I don't trust them one tiny bit.

This is what comes by not having a 'proper' health care system.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 08:56 AM

Bakerman, if you are able to eat Grapefruits and citrus fruits then consider getting some Grapefruit Seed Extract. It will sort yeast or Candida type problems very quickly. Have you had tons of antibiotics over the last year or so that have ruined your gut flora?
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Bakerman, if you are able to eat Grapefruits and citrus fruits then consider getting some Grapefruit Seed Extract. It will sort yeast or Candida type problems very quickly
Worth a try Bakerman.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Bakerman, if you are able to eat Grapefruits and citrus fruits then consider getting some Grapefruit Seed Extract. It will sort yeast or Candida type problems very quickly. Have you had tons of antibiotics over the last year or so that have ruined your gut flora?

I wouldn't say that I had tons of antibiotics, but I've had some. I've also taken probiotics to set the flora straight after I took the antibiotics but probiotics do not seem to make any positive impact. ???????

There was a whole month that the system was working perfectly. immediately after starting a regime of steroids, BINGO ! Perfect BM. However, Drs claim that steroids have nothing to do with the bowel system. Then, when the 30 day steroid regime ran out, the system went back to it's horrible way again.
bakerman
Mexico

12-09-2018, 10:53 PM

P.S. I have had every test the doctors suggest: endoscopy into stomach (2 times), a huge camera pill that goes through the entire G.I system taking pictures as it goes and several colonoscopies, numerous stool sample tests, blood tests etc etc etc.

The latest genius of a G.I doctor said I have a lack of blood flow to the intestines. When I asked him why he thought that. he replied, "It's as good a guess as any other". Brilliant ! Just brilliant !

In the mean time I can lose control of my bowels on a city bus, trolley, in the supermarket, in a department store, walking down the street etc etc. 7 years of living with this nightmare.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 11:11 PM

I've suffered what you mention in your last paragraph just a couple of times but know how awful it is.

I do hope you get something resolved and your health improves.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-09-2018, 11:11 PM

Bakerman can I get back to you about this.
I know you have a quite a few things going on at the moment. This will increase stress levels. I think the best thing to do, is take one thing at a time.
I will support you.
But I am not medically trained.
Try and keep calm.
You will get lots of support on this forum. X
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-09-2018, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by Sweetie pie ->
Bakerman can I get back to you about this.
I know you have a quite a few things going on at the moment. This will increase stress levels. I think the best thing to do, is take one thing at a time.
I will support you.
But I am not medically trained.
Try and keep calm.
You will get lots of support on this forum. X
You may have hit the nail on the head. Stress.
I suffered from what they called chronic ulcerative colitis for decades. Drugs to alleviate the symptoms didn't help a lot.

I now have a gentler life style, a lovely wife, beautiful home cooked food, and a dog who has been with me through thick and thin. When I had cancer and couldn't do a lot he laid by my bed, gave me a gentle pat now and then.

It's a bond that is hard to describe. Therapy in a fur coat.The best stress relief there is.
bakerman
Mexico

13-09-2018, 01:13 AM

Yes, I'm currently looking for a furry companion. but, I need one that does not require too much high energy exercise.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top