Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2018, 10:20 PM

Re: Providers WON'T Install Smart Meters

Originally Posted by Realist ->
That makes no sense.

I would HAVE the solar panels and use their FREE energy to charge the batteries during the day so that there was energy available during the night.
It makes a lot of sense if you take into account the cost of the installation - off peak electricity costs a few cents per Kw and less than the feed in tariff. The cost of batteries make it uneconomic.

Given that Smart Meters are there to provide the platform for VARIABLE RATE BILLING (which will ultimately double or triple people's energy bills) it's clear that they don't want people getting self sufficient with solar panels. The whole idea of ECO green energy is an illusion. Neither the governments or energy moguls want us to have it as it means a MASSIVE loss of revenue for them.
Still banging on about that? Absolutely NO evidence anywhere in the world that prices will double or triple. It is just another of your daft tin foil beanie theories based on no evidence at all.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Absolutely NO evidence anywhere in the world that prices will double or triple. It is just another of your daft tin foil beanie theories based on no evidence at all.
Total Billy BS sorry. There's tons of testimonies about Smart Meters massively raising people's bills.

Energy giants will use devices to DOUBLE the cost of power when you need it most

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...need-most.html

"Energy giants are set to use digital smart meters as a way to double the cost of power when families need it most "

"electricity and gas used in the evenings could cost 99 per cent more than at other times — penalising everyone cooking family meals, watching popular TV shows and heating their homes on chilly winter evenings"

"Higher charges will also apply in the morning when people are most likely to be taking baths and showers and having the central heating on."

"we have uncovered evidence that smart-meter schemes unveiled in other countries have proved a disaster, with complaints about soaring costs and an outcry over invasion of privacy."
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-10-2018, 11:01 PM

Woman claims her energy bills almost doubled after smart meter was installed

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news...lmost-14527434

"She claims her bills have rocketed since the meter was put in by Scottish Power.

And now she wants it taken out."

"She believes her bills have almost doubled since the meter was installed."
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

24-10-2018, 11:03 PM

'Shocking' electricity bills spark concern about smart meters in the Upstate

https://eu.greenvilleonline.com/stor...ate/554708002/

"In February, Marshbanks got the highest power bill she's ever received, she said.

"It was $513, and it's never that high," she said. "It's usually around $200 at the most."

"Leon McCoig, a Pickens County resident, said Duke Energy installed his smart meter in late October, and his power bill immediately shot up."

"A month later my bill had more than doubled, almost tripled," McCoig said. "They told me it was because of the weather. But it was extraordinarily high. I was expecting a $200 bill, and I get an almost $500 bill. I'd never had such a high charge before."
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

24-10-2018, 11:44 PM

https://www.westonaprice.org/health-...-not-so-smart/

"Where smart meters have been deployed, energy bills have consistently risen – sometimes dramatically. The price increases will become even more pronounced once Time-of-Use (TOU) pricing is implemented. You will be charged more for electrical use when you need the electricity the most (i.e. when you come home from work or school). The idea that you will start doing your laundry at 3:00 AM when prices are cheaper is a dystopian fantasy dreamt up by the same people who think it is safe to put a toxic, microwave radiation emitting spy-device on your home."
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

24-10-2018, 11:48 PM

Action 9 investigates smart meter rates

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/acti...sq2r/287786308

"Christine Strong moved everything into storage since she can't pay the power bill at her one bedroom apartment. One month after Florida Power and Lights installed a Smart Meter, Strong said she got a $400 bill.

"This has got to be wrong. It has to be for the whole complex," said Strong."

"The month before, Strong’s bill was $52. She complained and the utility tested her meter, then blamed the big bill on a faulty air-conditioning unit."

"John Biros kept the thermostat higher and covered the windows to conserve energy. He blames the Smart Meter for his $400 power bill.

Biros said he paid $100 the month before it was installed."

"But Biros said he still wants the Smart Meter out.

"Put my old dumb meter back in, but they won't,” he said."

NOTE THE ABOVE WHICH CONFIRMS WHAT I HAVE CONSISTENTLY WARNED PEOPLE FOR SOME TIME.

SMART METERS ARE A ONE-WAY TRIP

IF YOU FOOLISHLY ACCEPT ONE, THERE IS NO WAY BACK.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2018, 01:53 AM

Total Billy BS sorry. There's tons of testimonies about Smart Meters massively raising people's bills.

<SNIP of all the incredibly boring nonsense>

"
More tin foil logic, though I suppose we should be grateful that you have dropped your, "all the radiation from smart meters is going to kill us" line.

Quoting random anecdotal evidence means nothing - all sorts of factors could lead to this result. No doubt you can also find similar evidence about how people's power bill was reduced if you bothered to look.

We have Judd's evidence that his bill didn't change which is as good as anything you can quote.

Ages ago I posted the statistics showing the effect of smart metering on many countries including the UK, go back and find that rather than quoting random rubbish that you googled up.

As I said the biggest danger with smart meters is that:

A) you can't get them installed to take advantage of feed in tariffs.

B) the power companies change their billing from actual power to apparent power which is always far greater. (their excuse will be that they have to provide lines capable of handling the greater current).

C) you are too stupid to realise that you can do a lot of the power hungry tasks when power is really cheap and power companies actually want and encourage you to consume.

I don't have a smart meter nor is it likely that I will be getting one unless I put solar on my roof but at least I understand their purpose and am not confused by the latest conspiracy theory paranoia.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

26-10-2018, 09:39 AM

We have Judd's evidence that his bill didn't change which is as good as anything you can quote.
This serves only to highlight that you still don't understand what Smart Meters are about. Judd's bills have not (yet) changed because thus far, VARIABLE RATE BILLING has not been rolled out across the UK.

When it happens, Judd's bills will most certainly increase pretty dramatically. It is puerile citing Judd's situation when Variable Rate Billing has not yet arrived.

C) you are too stupid to realise that you can do a lot of the power hungry tasks when power is really cheap and power companies actually want and encourage you to consume.
This notion is nothing more than clever advertising. The idea that people will "save the planet" or their country from energy collapse by running everything at night is simply facile. It's not going to happen.

In fact the emergency services, particularly the fire service are deeply concerned about this "mantra" that is being put out. They absolutely DO NOT want people running their washing machines and tumble dryers overnight. It's a huge fire hazard.

All of this is just some and mirrors. Smart Meters are 100% NOT about saving energy and preventing inevitable power cuts.

Smart Meters are about laying down the platform to ENABLE Variable Rate Billing which is literally going to make $BILLIONS for the energy companies.

If these companies just hiked up your energy bills now by 50% or more there would be absolute outrage. But by doing it effectively by stealth, by installing Smart Meters that monitor your energy usage EVERY MINUTE OF THE DAY, they can then bring in Variable Rate Billing and charge people an absolute fortune for energy used both first thing in the morning (when everyone gets up, showers, breakfasts before work) and late afternoon/evening (when the kids come home and use their consoles and everyone else wants to cook tea, watch the TV, use the lights and so on).

I'm afraid you can shout "Conspiracy Theory" all you like (which in the end is simply the shoddy de facto way stooges and the establishment try to sweep truth under the carpet)
but it will change nothing.

VARIABLE RATE BILLING is on its way and it WILL see people's energy bills rocket, unquestionably.

The energy companies CAN NOT tell what energy you use at what time of the day IF you refuse a Smart Meter and keep the old style meter. Hence, refusing a Smart Meter is the best way forward at this point.

at least I understand their purpose and am not confused by the latest conspiracy theory paranoia.
I'd say you don't understand their purpose at all.

The SOLE purpose of Smart Meters is to enable Variable Rate Billing to come in which will allow energy companies to charge extortionate rates for energy used at peak times when people most want and need to use it. It is a device that will earn $billions for the energy companies at the expense of naïve and hapless consumers.

A secondary by-product/purpose of Smart Meters is to enable the suppliers to REMOTELY CUT OFF YOUR SUPPLY if they so choose. They might do that if people refuse to pay their bills. They might do it if the government orders them to do it in some energy crisis situation.

The bottom line is that there is absolutely zero benefit to consumers in having/accepting a Smart Meter.

It will simply result in your bills spiralling upward at a future time when Variable Rate Billing comes in.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK

26-10-2018, 10:17 AM

Useful article here in the Parliament database.

Highlights the mounting evidence that Smart Meters are damaging to health and the true reason for their existence (to make $billions for energy companies).

Smart Meter Bill - Written evidence submitted by Mr J R Harwood

https://publications.parliament.uk/p...memo/smb02.htm

Check the various reference links at the end of the article.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

26-10-2018, 01:42 PM

VARIABLE RATE BILLING is on its way.
Oh for god sake! Of course it is on its way. I have already said that is the purpose of smart meters - remember? you introduced the absurd notion of fires being caused by people using their washing machines at night (I hope you turn off your fridge before you go to sleep)

The idea of smart meters is to smooth out the electricity demand over the day using price to increase usage in off peak and reduce usage in peak periods. There is absolutely no evidence of bills being three times their current level (as you claim) anywhere in the world. The UK is only one place with smart meters, in the long term smart meters will actually reduce energy prices by reducing the need for additional generation infrastructure. Power prices have been going up without the assistance of smart meters.

The fact of the matter is they are coming, when your existing meter needs replacing it will be replaced with a smart meter.

You obviously are incapable of a coherent discussion, you are merely a scare monger.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top