Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-12-2018, 11:17 PM

Re: Heating your home safely

Floydy, like others have said, get yourself a CO2 alarm.

The instructions with mine said it had to be placed a certain distance and height from the boiler itself, but it should tell you this on your instructions.

See if this is any help too. It tells you what to look for in fumes etc.

https://www.boilerguide.co.uk/articl...u-need-to-know
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 09:02 AM

Just a point of information

CO 2 is not harmful.

CO is and products in its light form as headaches and sleep drowsiness.

But CO is a killer.

In this day and age if you have a room sealed boiler unless the flue is faulty nobody dies from CO fumes
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Thanks Joe. I've started to do that but still get the coughing and dry throat...

Hi mate.
It's strange because my wife is fine with it, it's the dry heat that starts me off though. All I can think of is that it's the amount of dust and muck I'm breathing in at work that is contaminating my lungs and the dryness aggravates it.
I will invest in an alarm though

Whoa !!! if you're breathing in dust and muck and fumes at work - call in the Health & Safety Inspectorate - you're supposed to be working in a safe environment and its the responsibility of the management to make it so. If you don't do this, long term you could face serious health problems like me.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 10:24 AM

Coughing can be a sign of all sorts of problems Floydy...I know you look the perfect picture of health but if it continues a trip to the docs is my advice .
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Floydy, like others have said, get yourself a CO2 alarm.

The instructions with mine said it had to be placed a certain distance and height from the boiler itself, but it should tell you this on your instructions.

See if this is any help too. It tells you what to look for in fumes etc.

https://www.boilerguide.co.uk/articl...u-need-to-know
I need to recheck the instructions for mine in that case Mups. I have mine on top of the boiler. Thanks.

See how helpful this forum can be.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Whoa !!! if you're breathing in dust and muck and fumes at work - call in the Health & Safety Inspectorate - you're supposed to be working in a safe environment and its the responsibility of the management to make it so. If you don't do this, long term you could face serious health problems like me.
The Health & Safety Inspector is onsite and works for the company, Joe. he is told what to do and say by them and nothing is ever changed until something happens.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 05:12 PM

Many thanks for all your replies. I'm thinking that I just have an aversion to dry heat and as long as I turn it down in the room I am mostly situated in I should be okay. plenty of liquids and hot drinks I think.

I will be investing in a CO monitor though (not CO2, that's carbon dioxide, not monoxide) soon as Christmas is over with.

Next problem to sort out: my stiff neck! Caused by driving a forklift and looking up all the time, which is a vehicle I don't usually drive. Plus the wind and cold from being outside all night. All goes downhill when you pass 50...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 05:35 PM

My son has the same problem,he has to sleep with his window wide open,but I don't think Mrs F,would be happy with that,also I would get a co detector fitted.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere

02-12-2018, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
My son has the same problem,he has to sleep with his window wide open,but I don't think Mrs F,would be happy with that,also I would get a co detector fitted.
I can't anyway, Pauline because I sleep in the mornings from my night shift. Opening the window would be so noisy.
Mrs. Floyd used the other bedroom so I don't wake her up and vice versa.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2018, 07:13 PM

I also have terrible bouts of coughing,at times I'm exhausted after it,apparently it's the side affects of the medication I am on.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top