Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 11:27 AM

Quura - Data Breach - Users Compromised

https://help.quora.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020212652

Email:

On Friday we discovered that some user data was compromised by a third party who gained unauthorized access to our systems. We're still investigating the precise causes and in addition to the work being conducted by our internal security teams, we have retained a leading digital forensics and security firm to assist us. We have also notified law enforcement officials.

Site:

Based on what we have learned, some of our users’ information has been exposed, including:
  • Account information (e.g. name, email address, encrypted password, data imported from linked networks when authorized by users)
  • Public content and actions (e.g. questions, answers, comments, upvotes)
  • Non-public content and actions (e.g. answer requests, downvotes, direct messages)

Questions and answers that were written anonymously are not affected by this breach as we do not store the identities of people who post anonymous content.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quora

Quora is a question-and-answer website where questions are asked, answered, edited, and organized by its community of users in the form of opinions. Its publisher, Quora Inc., is based in Mountain View, California. The company was founded in June 2009, and the website was made available to the public on June 21, 2010. Users can collaborate by editing questions and suggesting edits to answers that have been submitted by other users. Users on Quora are known for writing long, blog post-like answers.

Quora was co-founded by former Facebook employees Adam D'Angelo and Charlie Cheever in June 2009.

Quora's user base has been growing quickly since 2010. As of April 2017, Quora has claimed to have 190 million monthly unique visitors, up from 100 million a year earlier.
Just one of those sites I must have accessed in passing .....
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 11:47 AM

Re: Quura - Data Breach - Users Compromised

Not the kind of site where you would need to provide any perosnal details though surely.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2018, 01:26 PM

Re: Quura - Data Breach - Users Compromised

Originally Posted by Omah ->

Just one of those sites I must have accessed in passing .....
Me too. And I've just been to Quora.com and I'm given the choice of using Google or Facebook to sign in. I don't do FB but I'm wondering if I should reset my google password, I bet I used that.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top