Join for free
Page 13 of 34 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 12:49 PM

Re: Supreme Court nominee accused

In the end, it all comes down to evidence. She was not able to offer one single shred of evidence. Even something as simple as a girlfriend she told about it during the days that followed the so-called-event.

I don't buy one word of her story. It was a made up political assassination from beginning to end.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 12:58 PM

If it traumatised her life to the extent that she said then I'm just surprised she cannot recall every detail of at least where and when it was supposed to have happened!

I'm afraid that I'm with Bakerman on this that it stinks of a set up, and for a successful woman to testify with that "poor me I'm a victim" voice, obviously exaggerated just to elicit sympathy, does her no favours in my eyes but just reinforces my view.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 02:28 PM

What no one has asked is what her reward for making this accusation is? She has held multiple jobs, all fine career well paying jobs, made her own good reputation, has a family, a nice home, all things you might want when you're fifty. Therefore, the upside to bringing this out now? Risking her reputation, death threats to her family, a pat on the back by Democrats?

As for no proof, her therapist has records about this from 2011 and 2013. A lie detector test, passed. Yes, they do work in most instances, else why would every law enforcement agency in the country use this as a first tool when holding a suspect? Cavanaugh won't take a test, won't ask for the FBI to be involved ( one agency a Supreme Court Justice relies on heavily when looking at facts and evidence to change the laws upheld in our country)? What is he afraid is going to surface? To constantly point out he studied hard dose not mean that he doesn't get drunk, become a bully, abuse a woman, and the next day study hard for an exam.

How about gathering all the facts, weigh the evidence and truthfulness of both sides, then passing a judgement?
Beautiful Filly
Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Beautiful Filly is female  Beautiful Filly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
What no one has asked is what her reward for making this accusation is? She has held multiple jobs, all fine career well paying jobs, made her own good reputation, has a family, a nice home, all things you might want when you're fifty. Therefore, the upside to bringing this out now? Risking her reputation, death threats to her family, a pat on the back by Democrats?

As for no proof, her therapist has records about this from 2011 and 2013. A lie detector test, passed. Yes, they do work in most instances, else why would every law enforcement agency in the country use this as a first tool when holding a suspect? Cavanaugh won't take a test, won't ask for the FBI to be involved ( one agency a Supreme Court Justice relies on heavily when looking at facts and evidence to change the laws upheld in our country)? What is he afraid is going to surface? To constantly point out he studied hard dose not mean that he doesn't get drunk, become a bully, abuse a woman, and the next day study hard for an exam.

How about gathering all the facts, weigh the evidence and truthfulness of both sides, then passing a judgement?

Hi Right Now...I watched the hearing from 10 AM yesterday morning...through to the end late in the afternoon. And, I agree with everything you've said in your remarks... However, I fear that the vote will still be taken today rather than...a fact finding mission by The FBI...
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 02:40 PM

It comes down to who you believe. Brave and courageous testimonies from both.
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Beautiful Filly ->
Hi Right Now...I watched the hearing from 10 AM yesterday morning...through to the end late in the afternoon. And, I agree with everything you've said in your remarks... However, I fear that the vote will still be taken today rather than...a fact finding mission by The FBI...
I, too, watched until the evening, BF. I did not enjoy listening to Mr. C puff all up to bully us into listening to him, and him acting condescending to the Senators....regardless if he is telling the truth or not.

I fear you are correct that they will disregard any more intervention from other reliable sources and vote. It is disrespectful to the citizens of our country not to use its resources (FBI) to gather all facts first.

I agree with you totally.
Right Now
upstate New York US

28-09-2018, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
It comes down to who you believe. Brave and courageous testimonies from both.
Yes, being questioned by a body of senators is daunting, I agree.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 03:35 PM

The reward for her is quite simple: to delay the process. From the very beginning the Democrats have done everything they can think of to delay the process until AFTER the Nov 6 the elections.

If they could force another FBI investigation, that would guarantee a delay until next year. Incidentally, there have been 6, yes 6, investigations into the background of Kavanaugh as part of the vetting process for his various federal jobs.

As far a Ford being "brave", I don't see any bravery. To be brave a person must do something, in spite of the danger involved. Where is the danger for Ford? She has the full protection of the U.S. Marshalls; as tough a bunch of guys you could imagine. She had the full support of a team of high-priced lawyers and a dozen of her friend right behind her during her testimony. And, she knew full well that all of the questions posed to her would be "puff-ball" questions. Not one single question was asked of her that could be called "hard-ball". It reminded me of the cross examination of a little child in the courtroom. Bravery? I don't see any.

Additionally, for the remainder of her life, she will always be labeled as a heroine by the leftist media.

Moreover, there is BIG MONEY to be had in giving speeches. That alone will make her rich. Not to mention books that she will surely write. Oh, yes, she has a lot to gain.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 03:43 PM

Who will they believe? The lady has more credibility IMO.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2018, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
the reward for her is quite simple: To delay the process. from the very beginning the democrats have done everything they can think of to delay the process until after the nov 6 the elections.

If they could force another fbi investigation, that would guarantee a delay until next year. Incidentally, there have been 6, yes 6, investigations into the background of kavanaugh as part of the vetting process for his various federal jobs.

As far a ford being "brave", i don't see any bravery. To be brave a person must do something, in spite of the danger involved. Where is the danger for ford? She has the full protection of the u.s. Marshalls; as tough a bunch of guys you could imagine. She had the full support of a team of high-priced lawyers and a dozen of her friend right behind her during her testimony. And, she knew full well that all of the questions posed to her would be "puff-ball" questions. Not one single question was asked of her that could be called "hard-ball". It reminded me of the cross examination of a little child in the courtroom. Bravery? I don't see any.

Additionally, for the remainder of her life, she will always be labeled as a heroine by the leftist media.

Moreover, there is big money to be had in giving speeches. That alone will make her rich. Not to mention books that she will surely write. Oh, yes, she has a lot to gain.

Page 13 of 34 « First < 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top