Join for free
Page 4 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 06:35 PM

Re: Gatwick Airport: Drone sightings cause delays

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Apparently:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/spectrum/in...fences/jammers
I'm sure that makes a great deal of sense, but I think it would be worth it if the rules could be 'bent' to permit certain people (police, airport authorities, etc.) to make use of such things in these situations.

I'm sure the military already have use of such things, law or no law.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
My thinking exactly. When the perpetrators using these drones to disrupt airports and flights are caught, they should be charged under the anti-terrorism laws.
They should be hanged!

No, seriously, they are endangering life, aren't they?
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 06:37 PM

Hundreds of travellers are stranded because Drones are interfering with flight safety at Gatwick Airport.

It's more than just kid's as there are many Drones - some which can be controlled from hundreds of miles away (apparently - but how do they get the fuel, etc?)

Snipers have been called in.

It's going to be a turkey shoot.(not Christmas Turkey !)
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Surely, they can track the radio beam to its source....
And even I could build a 'Jammer' that would scramble the signal and bring it to the ground.....Its not rocket science is it.......well perhaps....Maybe it's the Russians, they get the blame for everything else.....Or.....Dare I say it.....some peed off remainer wanting to blame it on brexit....
They are probably worried that someone may die if hit with it when it falls.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 06:41 PM

If they have already invented a plastic-eating shark drone, then perhaps it's time for them to invent a drone-eating drone to fly up and clear the air of this menace.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

20-12-2018, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Apparently:

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/spectrum/in...fences/jammers
Actually, when I was in the RAF I 'came by' an old oscilloscope. I know nothing about them, of course, but plugged it in in my room and had a fiddle with it.

Imagine my interest, to say nothing of joy, when I altered certain settings to hear the chap next door's radio going awry. I can't remember exactly, but the sounds appeared to suffer some sort of low frequency interference.

Of course, I just had to keep twiddling knobs to see what would happen. What fun!
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 06:44 PM

Does nobody in the vicinity of Gatwick possess a shotgun? More seriously these drones are battery powered and most can't even manage an hour in the air so for this to go on so long they must have been landing to change batteries several times. Suspicious.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 07:56 PM

The existing technology to jam drones was very effectively demonstrated on the ITV news at six. However it cannot be used due to the laws introduced by the government to prevent the use of speed camera radar jammers. Can't lose all that lovely money now, can we.

Oh and when jammed the drone, loses contact with its controller and, returns to its launch point.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 08:07 PM

Deleted
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-12-2018, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
there are many Drones - some which can be controlled from hundreds of miles away (apparently - but how do they get the fuel, etc?)
That doesn't sound right Ted. RC transmitters don't have that kind of range. The perpetrators will be nearby.

Their actions are so serious that they are sure to go to prison imo.

Page 4 of 18 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top