Join for free
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Galloway2019
Galloway, Scotland
Galloway2019 is male  Galloway2019 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 06:57 PM

Re: Greetings from Galloway, Scotland

ps thanks regarding the carvings, i do loads of them including a 7ft wide Red Kite (bird) plus motorcycles etc and keeps me out of trouble and i have suffered from severe anxiety over the years (long story) and find my workshop is great place to escape.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 07:06 PM

You do carvings of Red Kites?

Really?!
Galloway2019
Galloway, Scotland
Galloway2019 is male  Galloway2019 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2019, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
You do carvings of Red Kites?

Really?!
Aye I make Intarsia's from different woods (all recycled furniture etc plus any other hardwoods) until I had to finish my career I was a Master Modeller designing all the chocolates etc in the shops and carving them in resins but it ended with industrial injury 20 years ago and my hands were virtually useless so couldn't even hold a pencil etc or cups and its only been in the last 4 years i taught myself how to make the Intarsias and although i cannot do the mega fine detailed work now i am adapting and slowly teaching my right hand to carve but if i overdo it then its back to square one and unable to use them for a week or so which is very frustrating but its better than sitting watching TV. I can combine my other hobbies by taking photos of wildlife and then designing a pattern and then make a wooden one lol. Sorry for the ramble but as you might guess i enjoy making them lol I had only just taught my wife how to make them when she died ( she died from flu virus within 24hrs of getting a cough and was 100% fit before so its been a bad time and so many questions and no answers which i will never get now) I have just added some more photos to my profile which might explain the wood butchering i get up to lol thanks ps We have Kites here as they do in Wales (Gigrin?) my projects are all on display at the Galloway Kite centre which is nice to see them up on a wall instead of cluttering the house lol
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2019, 09:35 AM

They are stunning Brian
Galloway2019
Galloway, Scotland

16-04-2019, 11:56 AM

Cheers, its nice to get back to making stuff and gives me an excuse to watch the wildlife (don't really need an excuse lol) I am just sat watching a Roe Deer I feed some of them once they know i am not going to harm them and they like peanuts lol, I am hoping by encouraging them to stay near my home they won't get run over down on the roads.......i call all the wildlife my wild pets since i can get so close to them 8-)
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-04-2019, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Galloway2019 ->
Cheers, its nice to get back to making stuff and gives me an excuse to watch the wildlife (don't really need an excuse lol) I am just sat watching a Roe Deer I feed some of them once they know i am not going to harm them and they like peanuts lol, I am hoping by encouraging them to stay near my home they won't get run over down on the roads.......i call all the wildlife my wild pets since i can get so close to them 8-)

Oooohhh - Venison steaks on the hoof - luverly grub!!!
TracyG
Scotland
TracyG is female 

15-06-2019, 02:17 PM

Hi Brian, another asylum seeker here having travelled parts of the UK including 8 years in North Yorks, then onwards via Canada, Belgium then multiple US states finally seeking asylum here in the beautiful north east Scottish coast. Welcome from one much newer newbie.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2019, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Galloway2019 ->
Hi,
Quick hello from me, my name is Brian and I live in a beautiful rural bit of Scotland with my little dog Rory.......I am mad on wildlife and countryside so its paradise for me but not many people to chat to lol
I am into woodcarving etc and motorcycles and cars etc plus rock and country music so plenty of interests to chat about if i can find anyone who fancies being bored to death lol I'm not that bad (me thinks)
Anyway glad i found ya and hope to chat sometime.
Cheers
Welcome from me, a dour Scotsman. I now live in Yorkshire.
I'm also interested in music. Played violin in an orchestra and fiddle in a Scottish dance band....

I have a dog, walk a lot, and take pictures of nature.

Tasharose
New Member!
Mississauga Canada
Tasharose is female 

27-06-2019, 11:50 AM

Hi Brian, I am also a new member looking for friends to chat with. I live in Canada and enjoy the northern freshwater lakes and countryside. I have a Sweet dog named Tasha. I also enjoy Rock Music particularly 80’s rock. Always available to chat about interests, hobbies etc. Have a Nice Day.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-06-2019, 12:04 PM

A late Hi from me too.

Rudyard Kiplings' home has in the garden a wooden carving of the man himself you might be interested in.

Just shows what can be done with tree stumps

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top