Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 08:58 AM

Boris and Dominic, what are they up to?

Interesting week ahead to say the least. First we have the take over, now we have the threatened purge of the Tory party. At least, that what it looks like to me. Wouldn’t be in the least surprised if they call an election. Bit of an irony with this threat to the rebels as the present cabinet contains those who rebelled against TM. What say you?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 09:23 AM

Re: Boris and Dominic, what are they up to?

I agree there seems to be an irony here, in that those that thought it their duty to be disloyal to the last administration are now in charge and are threatening the new rebels because of their disloyalty! Not unlike Jeremy Corbyn of course, who spent his whole political career rebelling against his own party but now demands loyalty from his own MPs now that he himself is in charge.

Seems to me the whole of parliament is bonkers at the moment though, and the really frightening thing is that it is they that are in charge of the asylum...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 09:31 AM

I see it as the same way many behave when they get put in charge they suddenly realise how hard the job is with people who won't help and agree. IMO at the very start of all this 3 years ago we should have had a seperate group of people who dealt only with brexit, who were all leavers and had someone like Nigel Farage in charge, someone no nonsense to get it all arranged. Leaving the government and others to run the country. It shouldn't have mattered who was in government then we would have got out long before now and all this mess would never have happened.
weedeek
Dumfries, Scotland
weedeek is male  weedeek has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Barry ->
I agree there seems to be an irony here, in that those that thought it their duty to be disloyal to the last administration are now in charge and are threatening the new rebels because of their disloyalty! Not unlike Jeremy Corbyn of course, who spent his whole political career rebelling against his own party but now demands loyalty from his own MPs now that he himself is in charge.

Seems to me the whole of parliament is bonkers at the moment though, and the really frightening thing is that it is they that are in charge of the asylum...
This! Another dangerous thing is that ordinary people are sick of the whole thing, turn away from politics and let the extremists take over.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 10:29 AM

The
BIG
question at the moment is, just how long is "As Soon As Possible", the Labour Lady in the BBC interview used the phrase Six times this morning, unusually, it really started to grate on me.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
The question at the moment is, just how long is "As Soon As Possible", the Labour Lady in the BBC interview used the phrase Six times this morning, unusually, it really started to grate on me.
Well you know what Liebour are like with their sound-bites from Milliband's "New Generation" to Corbyn's for the many diatribe.

A bit of hypocrisy from Corbyn's crew complaining about Johnson's de-selection when Momentum in his very own party de-selected those who didn't agree with Corbyn don't you think?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 11:42 AM

Might not be on the right topic here, but hey ho.. all roads seem to lead to Rome atm.

Looks as if Tony Blair is in favour of Mr Corbyn, now advising against an election because Labour are likely to get beaten.
Is that guy for real ?? Does he really think Corbyn is worthy of being PM ?

Next move ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-pol...-elephant-trap

I wonder if Blair is Barnier's mouthpiece as I don't think EU would want to stat over again with Corbyn at the helm.
All up to their tricks.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 11:46 AM

Does anyone give credence to anything Tony Bliar has to say any more?
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Does anyone give credence to anything Tony Bliar has to say any more?
A very big NO.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-09-2019, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Might not be on the right topic here, but hey ho.. all roads seem to lead to Rome atm.

Looks as if Tony Blair is in favour of Mr Corbyn, now advising against an election because Labour are likely to get beaten.
Is that guy for real ?? Does he really think Corbyn is worthy of being PM ?

Next move ?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-pol...-elephant-trap

I wonder if Blair is Barnier's mouthpiece as I don't think EU would want to stat over again with Corbyn at the helm.
All up to their tricks.
TB is agreeing with a man he has demonised and shouted down for years. Politics of the greedy and grasping no conscience at all.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top