Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 03:39 PM

Re: 'Our Yorkshire Farm'

I've just watched the latest one, and it's literally like a breath of fresh air, in these moany, pc obsessed times we live in. Saw the previous series with, I believe Ben Fogle. How she copes with nine kids,and do all the work on the farm, is truly amazing.All the kids look wonderfully happy and healthy, just wondering if she's going for number ten!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mups I haven't seen that yet they do say a bit of dirt and a few germs for growing children are good for the immune system.

Yes, I certainly agree with that - to a point.
Nothing wrong with handling food stuffs, bottle feeding, petting animals and perhaps even mucking out if they are strong enough, but I would be very careful with birthing fluids, placenta's and blood.

I do know even some adults (like pregnant women,) should keep away from livestock giving birth because of possible infection.
And what about possible infection on to the next new lamb? Even vets have a bucket of water or some way of scrubbing up after an assisted birth.

I just thought I hope that little girl doesn't suck her thumb!
Moscow
Scotland
Moscow is male  Moscow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 08:35 PM

I watched it and quite enjoyed it but it felt a little bit contrived, all a bit deliberate.

Some of the things done were 'for the camera' that's for sure.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-12-2018, 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->
I watched it and quite enjoyed it but it felt a little bit contrived, all a bit deliberate.

Aren't all reality shows like that!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Moscow ->

In what way? Most of the children are too young to understand what that means, and I can't help thinking what a close set of siblings they are. Helping each other out, and being kind to one another.

How Amanda and Clive keep calm is amazing.
basser
Chatterbox
ENGLAND
basser is male  basser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-12-2018, 11:22 AM

This is a smashing programme free from the PC shit that we normally get on our TV stations and what a breath of fresh air to see a happy family working together for the good of all.

The Mum and Dad should be really proud of all their children I certainly would if they were mine.
Monique
New Member!
Cheshire
Monique is female 

23-05-2019, 08:09 PM

Really are you serious these children are not being used they are very much loved and have a fantastic life I had 7 brothers and 2 sisters we all looked after one another because we wanted to I never felt hard done to I loved to look after my younger brothers . I believe it made me the woman i am today strong and independent I have a good job and a comfortable life . I owe this to my parents and the love and dedication they gave to all their children

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top