Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 06:19 PM

Re: Dentist visit today

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Aerolor, I had to have one of my front teeth crowned in 1977. I didn’t have to pay as l was pregnant or just had the baby?
It’s still intact all those years later!

40 plus years is good going Artangel. I will have to pay and my dentist gave me the option of going private. She said they use better materials and can achieve more natural looking teeth. I am having three at the moment, done privately - probably four if she will do the other one. For quite a few years she hasn't wanted to do them, but my daughter is getting married and I want to look halfway decent and she has agreed to do the work. Not until the end of May though.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-04-2019, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
40 plus years is good going Artangel. I will have to pay and my dentist gave me the option of going private. She said they use better materials and can achieve more natural looking teeth. I am having three at the moment, done privately - probably four if she will do the other one. For quite a few years she hasn't wanted to do them, but my daughter is getting married and I want to look halfway decent and she has agreed to do the work. Not until the end of May though.
Aerolor, At least crowns are fitted usually, over two visits and you’ll be able to smile with confidence!
My sister has had seven implants costing thousands of pounds. She had to have bone grafts and it took months to be suitable for taking the implants.
In the meantime, she had to wear a plate for months and it made her talk funny!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2019, 12:43 AM

Bugger, I have made an appointment for next week, my teeth on one side had become sensitive to hot and cold and I suspect that in one of them the old NHS mercury amalgam filling has had its day.

I still have a few mercury fillings left but most have been replaced by resin ones. Not sure if I will have an extraction or a repair - will see what the dentist quotes.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top