Join for free
Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 04:19 PM

Re: Pensioner Soldier charged with Murder in Ireland.

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
That was way back in my dad's time. He was only a child then but knew all that was going on. The OLD IRA fought off the brutal reservists from the first world war known as the Black and Tans. The men, women and yes, children, were known as Rebels, and what happened to them every day when their doors were knocked down, parents beaten up, belongings freely stolen, fathers and brothers taken away and shot, yes, they fought back, but they can never be described as being anything like the scum that chose innocent men, women and children as legitimate targets to blow up or murder as they did during the troubles in the 60's/70's. I wouldn't stain the soles of my shoes by treading on any single one of them.
Or:Old IRA good; new IRA bad

Gerry Adams put the kibosh on that years ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qqRqWjR33o

(see 30 secs in).
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 04:41 PM

Folk give the IRA some kind of legitimacy when all I remember from my times over there in the 80s was a gang of thugs , organised crime , protection rackets , prostitution and robberies in the name of a free Ireland they dressed it up as a fight for their country , a religious war even when at street level it was anything but and that’s why peace was so long in coming as many were making a handsome living on the back of it
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 05:27 PM

This is the reality of the big brave IRA scum , I was there that day as it happens and will never forget it ...
and the filth now demand a Bloody Sunday enquiry !!!!

https://youtu.be/fhfgQOLSrTQ

https://youtu.be/8l-UuwnX7Zs
OldFogey
NW UK
OldFogey is male  OldFogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
This is the reality of the big brave IRA scum , I was there that day as it happens and will never forget it ...
and the filth now demand a Bloody Sunday enquiry !!!!

https://youtu.be/fhfgQOLSrTQ

https://youtu.be/8l-UuwnX7Zs
Yes, traditionally I suppose it was allowable (if not commendable) for heavily-armed and well-trained (well, supposedly!) troopers to shoot innocent civilians dead whilst the latter were conducting a peaceful protest.

But, hey - that's colonialism!

And - what the hell! - they were only Irish, right?
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 07:43 PM

In fact, I am tended to believe that you are not aged over 50 at all. Because anyone of our age would not make such a highly disgusting statement as you have. I believe you are probably a sad little teenager or in your early twenties, a billy-no-mates who gets off on goading us on this forum because you get no respect on the younger open forums, no doubt being written off as a right plank that no-one takes notice of.

It's no wonder when you come out with such vile comments.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 07:48 PM

***Please note those members who think it is acceptable to continually use name call are liable to receive a suspension without further warning

This thread is being closed for now to allow members to calm down.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 08:08 PM

**Thread opened, please stick to the topic.
Thanks.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 09:19 PM

They do things differently in the US,

War crimes investigators working for the International Criminal Court (ICC) will be barred from entering America if they probe the actions of the country's soldiers in Afghanistan and other locations, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has said
Suggesting they would not be granted visas, he said: "We are determined to protect the American and allied military and civilian personnel from living in fear of unjust prosecution for actions taken to defend our great nation."
Maggie Thatcher could and would have said those words in our House of Commons
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2019, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
They do things differently in the US,

Maggie Thatcher could and would have said those words in our House of Commons
Good for the Yanks, and yes Maggie would have stood up for the military. This country is a bloody joke these days.
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)

16-03-2019, 09:22 PM

In the uk we do things differently and the government actually give legal aid to anyone wishing to bring a claim against soldiers past or present whilst obviously burying anything to implicate past PM’s and ministers of anything for 50 years

Page 3 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top